Hotel California - TAB

Feel free to get outside the box here.
twinease

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi,
I've never posted on this forum, so don't know if this is in the correct place, hopefully it is.

I’m 2 years down the line from picking up a guitar, and would consider myself to be intermediate, so was looking for something new to work on. With this in mind I recently purchased the Eagles bundle from TG and am currently trying to learn Hotel California.

I’m OK with the basic chords from video Part 4: Rhythm guitar 2 with no Capo, Bm - F#7 – A – E – G – D - Em and F#7, switching and strumming the basic song.

I then moved on to Part 5: Rhythm guitar 1 and am stuck on a problem. At the start of the video Neil plays a 12 string guitar, soon replaces that with a 6 string. At 10 minutes 40 seconds into the video Neil refers to “exactly from the tablature” then later 11:31 minutes he is looking at the tablature while picking the notes on the fret board using Capo on 7th using chord shapes Em - B7 – D – A – C – G – Am – B7, although the chord sounds are really as above.

Where is this tablature for a 6 string guitar with capo on the 7th fret? I have downloaded the 4 Adobe files for Hotel California but can’t find this specific tab. Please help!!

willem

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi ,,I looked at the target lesson and there is a tab ''rhythm guitar 1 (12 string guitar)'' I think you can use that also for a 6 string..I am sure!!

Willem

willem

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:54 pm

AND I SAW 6 ADOBE FILES...

Willem

dtaylor

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:17 pm

twinease wrote:
I then moved on to Part 5: Rhythm guitar 1 and am stuck on a problem. At the start of the video Neil plays a 12 string guitar, soon replaces that with a 6 string. At 10 minutes 40 seconds into the video Neil refers to “exactly from the tablature” then later 11:31 minutes he is looking at the tablature while picking the notes on the fret board using Capo on 7th using chord shapes Em - B7 – D – A – C – G – Am – B7, although the chord sounds are really as above.

Where is this tablature for a 6 string guitar with capo on the 7th fret? I have downloaded the 4 Adobe files for Hotel California but can’t find this specific tab. Please help!!
The tab for this is 'rhythm guitar 1 (12 string at 7th fret)'

You might just have to scroll down a bit to find it.

twinease

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Thanks for your replies. I am not a member of the Target program yet, I only purchased the Eagles bundle to see what it was like.
I can only see 4 Adobe files for Hotel California, I've added a screenshot file of what I can see.

Willem, can you email me the file - rhythm guitar 1 (12 string guitar) ?

twinease

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:13 pm

The only Adobe files I can see are:
Hotel California Opening Lead
Hotel California Complete Lead
Hotel California Closing Lead
Hotel California Chart

I can't see - rhythm guitar 1 (12 string guitar) ?

thereshopeyet

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Hello

Here's what I see...... 7

:ohmy:

willem

Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:22 am

twinease wrote:
Thanks for your replies. I am not a member of the Target program yet, I only purchased the Eagles bundle to see what it was like.
I can only see 4 Adobe files for Hotel California, I've added a screenshot file of what I can see.

Willem, can you email me the file - rhythm guitar 1 (12 string guitar) ?

Yes I can email you but!!! I think you must have the file with your bundle(did you scroll down?)..

I did'nt see your screenshot!!!

You can put in a ticket and they will help you(they are on holiday I guess)

The tab is Neils work and it must be in your bundle cos you must combine it with the video/part,,if I've seen your screenshot maybe I can help you furter..

Willem

twinease

Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:14 am

Hi Willem,
I thought that I had attached a file to my 2nd. last update using the (Select file to attach - Browse) below the writing areab but when I veiwed the post it was not there so I added the next comment about the files I can see on my package.

I'll try to attach to this comment.
I've attached Eagles PDF downloads.PNG - this is a file created by Microsoft snipping tool.
Also the same snip converted to .JPEG format.

How did you paste your screenshot in the text area? Image

willem

Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:52 pm

deleted...problem solved!!! goodluck wit your lesson

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic