page layout

Feel free to get outside the box here.
auntlynnie

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:04 pm

When I am looking at the forums, the page layout (at least on my laptop) is quite wide - always wider than my screen.
So, when reading through posts, I have to navigate to the right to see who is posting. I noticed that the topic section is wide, and often has a lot of blank space,
and I'm wondering if it could be made narrower so that the entire pane can be viewed without the need for navigating?
Or is there something in my own preferences where I could adjust this?
Thanks,
Lynn

familyman4

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:15 pm

When I log on with my IPAD, I have the same issue. However, when using my laptop, the layout is perfect.

Not sure what you are logging onto the site with but this is the reason I almost always use my laptop....

Bart

jayswett

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:51 am

My guess is that the problem can be solved by adjusting a preference or two on your computer. I don't have a problem on my computer.

tombo1230

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:01 am

auntlynnie wrote:
When I am looking at the forums, the page layout (at least on my laptop) is quite wide - always wider than my screen.
So, when reading through posts, I have to navigate to the right to see who is posting. I noticed that the topic section is wide, and often has a lot of blank space,
and I'm wondering if it could be made narrower so that the entire pane can be viewed without the need for navigating?
Or is there something in my own preferences where I could adjust this?
Thanks,
Lynn
Is the screen resolution set up properly?

It's in Start menu>Control Panel> Display>settings> Screan resolutions.

There is usually a slider that varies the picture size. Remember what it is set to, then try max' see where this takes you.

Tom N.

daryl

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 am

Could it be that you have somehow "zoomed-in" too far? Do you have "pinch zoom" enabled on your touch pad? When I enabled pinch zoom and zoomed way in I got a right-to-left scroll bar on the bottom of my screen and had to "navigate" in order to read your post.

BTW which browser are you using on your laptop?

auntlynnie

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Thanks for your help, guys.
I made a few changes in my preferences and though the entire window does not fit on my screen, I can now see most of what I want.
I'll look and see if I somehow have it zoomed.
Lynn

auntlynnie

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:14 am

Ok, I feel really lame by continuing this, but here's what I found.
From Safari, I just cannot get the entire windowpane (is that the right term?) to fit on my display.
From Chrome I get the entire window, but no one's avatar appears. Being a visual person, these are important, so I'd like to see them.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Lynn

daryl

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:47 am

Do other "pictures" show (like the lesson packs along the right side and top of the forum posts)? Do you have the latest version of Chrome? Is there a zoom button on one of the Safari toolbars? I use Firefox so I will be of no use to you.

You can always open a ticket with support. I imagine they can fix you right in no time.

michelew

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:15 am

Hi Lynn,

Well we definitely want you to know who you're talking to and reading. :)

I mostly use an iPad or my iPhone to surf the forum and lessons for that matter. My phone often zooms in too tightly when I open the site, but it's easy to adjust by pinching to the zoom you want. Similarly, on my iPad! I often want to zoom in so I see just the post and the avatar rather than the full screen which is generally the first option. Again I just pinch in or expand out to get the view I want.

I only get view issues on my mac if I make the font bigger, manually zoom.

I'm not sure how you've landed where you have. Sorry that's probably not much help. On you iPad, just pinch in or out to get the view you want.

Good luck.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Lynn

Did you always have this page layout problem ?
Is it only on your i-pad?

If so what have you changed recently, maybe compare with another unit in a store.

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic