It's been said before I'm sure but....

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Chasplaya

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:26 am

HI , I've been AWOLMG for a couple of years and now getting back into it; new job, new life etc etc and more time for me :) , Now I have revisited several lessons and the old frustrations come back, mainly the lack of ability to mark and loop sections of Neils videos; wouldn't it be great to select a part we have problems with and loop it? That is opposed to replaying the entire thing to get to the point we require?

Anyway, its good to be back playing again. Still love the site :) Even Nevermindthetimes digs at me about being the oldest member lol

C'mon tech team there's a challenge for you!

thereshopeyet

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:38 am

Welcome.... So..... Chas who.....

Have you posted in the Introductions Forum before..... The ancient archives... .. brush the dust off the covers.

:ohmy:

daryl

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:48 am

There are ways...if you really want to do it.

crashcup

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Love the site, BUT...Yes, this would be a very welcome enhancement. Flow Player has such a capability--I don't know why they don't permit access to the ability to loop or just slow the video down. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason because otherwise it's a great site.

auntlynnie

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:44 am

Don't know if this would help, but I use GuitarPro to slow down the songs.
That helps me go through the tough parts of songs.
Lynn

crashcup

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks Lynn. I usually record the song on Transcribe or Capo then slow down the actual recordings. The reason I like Transcribe is because it works with a pedal that lets me loop, back up or jump ahead. It's hands-free control. The reason it would help to slow the actual video is to see finger placement. Neil encourages us to make the songs our own, but he often throws in interesting bridges or endings that I'd like to learn before "making them my own." It's hard to do that when you have to constantly click stop, back up and play when the video is playing at tempo. Thanks again!

Bill

AndyT

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Chas, Send me an email please. Can't seem to find your new address.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic