Help with intro to Country Roads

Feel free to get outside the box here.
haoli25

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 am

familyman4 wrote:
Bill is exactly correct. However, be careful because that is still in the key of A, and it was requested for help in the key of C.

So, if you would still like to play it in the key of C, and use the 1st string (all but the last note) follow Bill's instructions but move up the neck 3 frets and you will be good to go...

Have fun!
Bart

Thanks Bart. I suppose I should have read the question for carefully. :) He did ask for help in playing the song in the key of C. Happy playing giantsfan1908.

Bill

willem

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:45 am

familyman4 wrote:
Hello giantsfan1908.

Were you able to figure this riff out yet? John Denver actually starts the song by finger picking 4 notes in the "A" chord, then his lead guitar player plays this little riff to really get the song rolling.

I understand you would like to play it in the key of C. I am traveling right now so I cannot record it for you but here is where you need to play the notes:

slide up to the 9th fret, on the 3rd string,
then 1st finger on the 8th fret of 2nd string
repeat both of these,

then 3rd finger 10th fret, second string
then pull off from the 9th fret to the 7th fret on the 3rd string
last note ; 3rd finger on the 10th fret of the 4th string.

BTW, that last note listed is actually a C note so you will then be good to go in the key of C.

Hope this helps you out. If you would like a video of the playing, I can do that in a couple days for you. Just let me know.

Good luck!
Bart
''then 1st finger on the 8th fret of 2nd string'' Bart thats an G note,,can that be played in the A key??

Willem

TGNesh

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:54 am

Bart has explained it in the key of C Willem! (and taking the notes an octave down instead of three half steps up.) I do miss a few notes though (compared to the original recording).

willem wrote:
familyman4 wrote:
Hello giantsfan1908.

Were you able to figure this riff out yet? John Denver actually starts the song by finger picking 4 notes in the "A" chord, then his lead guitar player plays this little riff to really get the song rolling.

I understand you would like to play it in the key of C. I am traveling right now so I cannot record it for you but here is where you need to play the notes:

repeat both of these,

BTW, that last note listed is actually a C note so you will then be good to go in the key of C.

Hope this helps you out. If you would like a video of the playing, I can do that in a couple days for you. Just let me know.

Good luck!
Bart
''then 1st finger on the 8th fret of 2nd string'' Bart thats an G note,,can that be played in the A key??

Willem

willem

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:09 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Bart has explained it in the key of C Willem! (and taking the notes an octave down instead of three half steps up.) I do miss a few notes though (compared to the original recording).

willem wrote:
familyman4 wrote:
Hello giantsfan1908.

repeat both of these,

Good luck!
Bart

Willem
AH,,nice riff Bart..thx Ness!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic