TAB for Hallelujah

Feel free to get outside the box here.
brucesd

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi guys,

I got a message from Neil in December about putting out a TAB for Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. At that time he thought it would be a few weeks. It's now the end of March and I just looked and no joy. I know it's a busy place and if Neil is unable to do it is there someone in the shop who could view his lesson preview and Tab it out? I don't sing…it's best for all if I don't…and wasn't interested in the Buckley or Voegele interpretation. What caught my attention and led me to purchase the lesson was how Neil improvised and played the melody. I've been extremely happy with every other purchase I've made but am sad to say very disappointed in this one. There had been some other queries before mine so there are other people looking for the same product.
Is there any hope to see a TAB version for how it's played in the lesson preview?

Tanks
Scott

TGNeil

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi Scott,

I could have sworn I got to this. I know it was on a to do list a few months ago and somehow I checked it off, at least mentally. I will move it back up the queue again. In the meantime, I hope you watched the Behind The Scenes segment as there are a bunch of hints and tips there on putting it together yourself. There are still some old lessons like this floating around with these somewhat improvised Play Through segments and any tab I do won't be exact but it will be close, really just a similar arrangement.

Neil

willem

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:28 pm

A view from the master with his economic fingerings would be welcome,,I pray for you..

Willem

brucesd

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Hey Neil,

Thanks of the reply.
Yes I have been watching the "behind the scenes" and trying my darndest but it's been painful. There's a reason I buy lessons ha ha. Unfortunately I can't "hear" where the notes are coming from or going to as you can as my background is very limited. I'll keep at er and hope you can put something out

Thanks again

brucesd

Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Hey Neil,

Hate to sound like a broken record…..but here I go. We last messaged in the beginning of March, I believe it was, and at that time you thought it would be a couple weeks to produce a Tab for Hallelujah as you had played it on the advertising video. It's now the end of June. Is there another musician in the shop who could watch the video and tab it out if you're too busy ?

Thanks
Scott

dtaylor

Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Don't take this the wrong way Scott (famous last words...) but I reckon if you can play this from tab you should be able to work it out from the play through, never mind the 'Behind the Scenes' section.

I'm an intermediate player at best, been learning from the site since it began and had this down in about half an hour. I appreciate that the faster, more complicated chord-melody versions of songs would be a labour of Hercules for us mere mortals without at least a basic tab. However, this is one that a competent player should be able to do their own version of from seeing the chord shapes.

There are good lessons on here about the techniques employed in putting these solos together, have you considered it might be worth the investment??

willem

Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:58 pm

dtaylor wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way Scott (famous last words...) but I reckon if you can play this from tab you should be able to work it out from the play through, never mind the 'Behind the Scenes' section.

I'm an intermediate player at best, been learning from the site since it began and had this down in about half an hour. I appreciate that the faster, more complicated chord-melody versions of songs would be a labour of Hercules for us mere mortals without at least a basic tab. However, this is one that a competent player should be able to do their own version of from seeing the chord shapes.

There are good lessons on here about the techniques employed in putting these solos together, have you considered it might be worth the investment??
hey Dean i think the man has no acces to those lessons you talk a bout, and he's screaming "help, help, help!

Cheers

dtaylor

Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:55 pm

I know, hence I asked whether he would consider the investment in gaining access to them.

willem

Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:04 pm

dtaylor wrote:
I know, hence I asked whether he would consider the investment in gaining access to them.
ah, clear, sorry B)

brucesd

Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:39 pm

HA ha thanks for the reply guys. Dean I'm happy that you have the ear and ability to work through these things so easily and I admire that. Yes I've considered the investment and have taken lessons through the years but as I've mentioned in my earlier post my ability to hear where the notes should go is limited and "working" through the piece is almost impossible if you don't have that skill. You have pushed me to try harder and I've gotten further through the piece but as Willem mentioned there is a time when you know your limits and need to cry "help". Which brings me back to my main point, when I saw Neil play it the way he did on the preview I thought that s the way I'd like to learn it. You can call me lazy if you like, and some of that is probably true and memorizing someone else's work is not a true musician but I have to work with what I've got. I'm not totally giving up and I'm doing my best to learn more but I bought the lesson because of the preview is all I'm saying

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic