Gift Card - question

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mwijninga79580

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:18 am

Hello Totally Guitars,

Sorry I have to bother you via this forum. Because I am just a free member I cannot use your standard Helpdesk page. I have bought a gift card for a friend of mine and I think something went wrong with the booking ?
(different amount as mentioned on your giftcard page (189 us instead of 155). I also got a confirmation for 6 months acces, but I only ordered this gift card for my friend.....?? . I did the booking on the 18 th of July.
Your invoice number 350947 from 07/18/2014

So could you be so kind to sort this out for me ? I already send an e-mail to your at info@ , but no reaction up until now.

Thanks in advance

Maarten Wijninga
Amsterdam / The Netherlans

TGNesh

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:48 am

Hi Maarten,

Welcome to TG!

You say you're a free member, but your profile says you're a Target Member, could it be possible that you ordered a gift card (6 months) and accidentally added one month of access for yourself? That could explain the amount.

So try to submit a ticket again (hit the 'Support' button on the top of this page), although chances are that the helpdesk is out of office for the weekend and will get back to you on monday. They wíll sort it out though, they really always do.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Vanessa
Zaandam/The Netherlands (born and raised in Amsterdam though, lived there for 35 years. ;) )

willem

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:08 am

Aha Maarten,, ja ik denk dat je ergens een foutje hebt gemaakt,, enjoy the target program till they sorted it out,, I agree with Vanessa "they always do"

Willem

mwijninga79580

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Hai Vanessa & Willem,

Thanks for your reply's.

I submitted a ticket, so hopefully they will sort it out.

I do not even play the guitar :S , just wanted to give a friend a nice present for his birthday!

It wondered me a little bit that it is difficult to reach the customer support.... a phone number would help !

Best regards ,

Maarten.

jayswett

Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:43 am

Regarding gift cards, I will mention again that I would love to see TG offer one month gift cards rather than the 6 or 12 month gift cards. I have a number of guitar playing colleagues who I think would benefit from this site. I know them well enough to buy a one month subscription for them, but not really a longer or more significant investment. A one month subscription would be relatively inexpensive, yet give many potential players a chance to see what TG has to offer. Off the top of my head, I can think of a half dozen or so people for whom I would happily purchase this.

My guess is that there are technical or other reasons not to offer this, so I promise not to bring it up again.

dtaylor

Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:01 am

Jay, it's a great idea. That's just long enough for someone starting out, to get some progress from the site and see the value of joining for a year themselves. 6 to 12 months is prohibitively expensive for a gift for a colleague or someone of that proximity.

fjeanmur

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:29 am

jayswett wrote:
Regarding gift cards, I will mention again that I would love to see TG offer one month gift cards rather than the 6 or 12 month gift cards. I have a number of guitar playing colleagues who I think would benefit from this site. I know them well enough to buy a one month subscription for them, but not really a longer or more significant investment. A one month subscription would be relatively inexpensive, yet give many potential players a chance to see what TG has to offer. Off the top of my head, I can think of a half dozen or so people for whom I would happily purchase this.

My guess is that there are technical or other reasons not to offer this, so I promise not to bring it up again.
Hi Jay and Dean!

I also think that would be a great idea. I started off with only a month subscription and then never looked back. One month gift cards would probably be more practical for colleagues and friends; the 6-12 month ones might be better for family members. Just my thought.

Jean

P.S. (Jay--"for whom"--love the excellent grammar!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic