Great content, lousy layout and communication

Feel free to get outside the box here.
nessalco

Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:49 pm

I joined over a year ago, as a 'targetlite' member.

I like the content on the site, but the clunky layout of the site is a pain. There is little difference, visually, between the 'protected' and 'unprotected' versions of the site, so when I went to 'My Target Lite', it read as if they were trying to get me to join. Took me a year to figure out that I actually had access to two lessons per month. My fault, but the membership information gave no indication of how to access lessons, and as I said, the members page comes across as trying to sell something, not present product.

Had I not purchased two lessons individually, at $15 apiece, I wouldn't say much. I did purchase them, but not a word of feedback from customer support - you know - maybe a heads up that I already had access to the songs?

Finally, there needs to be a much better FAQ and non-forum based help system.

Kevin OClassen
Goshen, VT

BigBear

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Kevin- have you found anything about the site you like? Hundreds of us love the site, clunkiness included. And if the site is so bad why do you continue to pay for it?

There is no question that the full TARGET program is a much better deal than TARGET lite. But to get the full benefit of this site you have to get involved and participate in the forum. Using your very first forum post to trash the site won't win any friends.

We are a close knit group and we hope you will find a way to enjoy this site and meet some really cool people.

Cheers!! :cheer:

michelew

Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:30 am

Hi Kevin,

A big hello from Sydney.

It true that the site can be a bit confusing at times. I haven't experienced the problems you're describing because I'm a TARGET member and I have full access, so I can't help or validate your experience there. But I will say that I've found the service people to be really helpful. But you need to tell them there's a problem first or that you don't get something.

I've found they'll do their hardest to address the problem or at least tell you what's possible.

I'm sorry you're having a bad experience. I hope you start finding what you need and getting the support you're looking for.

Sometimes people on the forum can help too.

Good luck. Maybe we'll see you playing what you're learning some time soon.

Cheers

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:39 am

On the other hand Rick, this does look like legitimate feedback from a paying member and it will help the tech.wizzes to improve things for new members in the future. There is so much great feedback everywhere on TG, we can handle a little honest hard talk when justified. I can't say that Kevin is trashing the site and he's entitled to share his experience. We are a close-knit group, but we don't want to scare off any negative feed-back which will improve the site. Now stop growling and go hug your guitar :laugh:

Welcome Kevin.

Chris

BigBear wrote:
Kevin- have you found anything about the site you like? Hundreds of us love the site, clunkiness included. And if the site is so bad why do you continue to pay for it?

There is no question that the full TARGET program is a much better deal than TARGET lite. But to get the full benefit of this site you have to get involved and participate in the forum. Using your very first forum post to trash the site won't win any friends.

We are a close knit group and we hope you will find a way to enjoy this site and meet some really cool people.

willem

Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:50 am

I was thinkin that too Chris but you wrote it down better then me,, agree!!
We as a knit group are very defensive when there are coming a bit negative sounds..this can improve the site..
:laugh: :laugh:

Welcome Kevin

Willem ( a lucky Target member)

b]neverfoundthetime wrote:[/b]
On the other hand Rick, this does look like legitimate feedback from a paying member and it will help the tech.wizzes to improve things for new members in the future. There is so much great feedback everywhere on TG, we can handle a little honest hard talk when justified. I can't say that Kevin is trashing the site and he's entitled to share his experience. We are a close-knit group, but we don't want to scare off any negative feed-back which will improve the site. Now stop growling and go hug your guitar :laugh:

Welcome Kevin.

Chris

BigBear wrote:

nessalco

Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:45 am

BigBear wrote:

This kind of snarky response is why there needs to be a non-forum help system.

I get that you love the site. As I said (if you had bothered to read my post instead of knee-jerking) I like the content, just not the layout.

I won't be back, and thanks for nothing.

OClassen

TGNeil

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:17 am

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback and maybe I can let you in on a few things. We know the site needs reworking and that project has been underway for many months (really years) now. Part of the problem is that the site grew much bigger than we had anticipated very quickly, and developing a custom platform that could handle the content and complexities of the different components we need has proven to be an immense job. The rebuild is getting closer every day to being ready but in the meantime we have to move along with a few bumps in the road. The Target Lite Program is an example of something we developed in response to requests from users but the original platform had to be virtually hacked to make that possible.

As far as support, usually the response from the folks there is immediate when a ticket is submitted from the Help Desk link, pulled down from the Support menu. They can help you navigate the sometimes murky waters here, which we are working hard to clear as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I hope you can find songs and lessons that will challenge and improve your musicianship and please feel free to PM me with any questions or comments if you like. A comic aside on the PM thing, it may not work through the Forum but will throught the Community menu above.

Neil

drfuji

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:07 am

Kevin,
Sorry that you were criticized so harshly for your comments! I quit trying to give constructive criticism just for that reason. Someone always has to respond making me feel like I am a bad person or something. The site has many good features, and I no doubt have learned more from TG than anywhere else. Just hang in there. Please don't let one harsh remark discourage you as there are many people on the site here to support you.

drfuji

drfuji

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:06 am

Neil,
noticed that you suggested sending a PM about problems.. Only problem is I haven't been able to PM on here for quite sometime. I kind of thought it might be an issue with my computer, but have tried on multiple PC's as well as my ipad...

thanks,

Bob c.

TGNeil

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:40 pm

drfuji wrote:
Neil,
noticed that you suggested sending a PM about problems.. Only problem is I haven't been able to PM on here for quite sometime. I kind of thought it might be an issue with my computer, but have tried on multiple PC's as well as my ipad...

thanks,

Bob c.
Hey Bob,

I just sent you a PM through the Community menu. Hopefully you see a 'You've Got Mail' message above or something. Let me know.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic