Please add instrumental version of play through with no singing???

Feel free to get outside the box here.
barneywalker95677

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:52 am

Can you add an instrumental play through version with no singing to the standard lesson format. Not that I don't love your dulcet tones Neil!! But it's hard to hear some of the details. For example just going through The Boxer - it would be great to have a clean guitar only version. Thanks

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:10 pm

....so that would be about 700 odd re-dos Neil, shouldn't be much of a problem, eh? :-)

TGNeil

Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:41 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
....so that would be about 700 odd re-dos Neil, shouldn't be much of a problem, eh? :-)
Hey Chris,

My guess is that many, if not most of the lessons include something along those lines in a "Breakdown" segment, or somewhere in the course of the lesson. Maybe somebody could check The Boxer and get back to us with a report or comments.

Neil

willem

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:06 pm

TGNeil wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Chris,

My guess is that many, if not most of the lessons include something along those lines in a "Breakdown" segment, or somewhere in the course of the lesson. Maybe somebody could check The Boxer and get back to us with a report or comments.

Neil
It happens not much but in the slowdown metronome video you sang too! :laugh: B)

Willem

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:48 pm

I like your voice Neil ! :dry:

Throw a right hook next time you play the boxer :ohmy:

:ohmy:

michelew

Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:04 pm

This lesson has a couple of guitar Pro files. There's no singing in them and they can be slowed down as needed. I haven't looked at them so I don't know if they have the music for the whole song, but I imagine they would help.

I find the GPro files useful when I'm trying to work on a tricky section that I'm having trouble hearing in the original.

M

fjeanmur

Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm glad you posted your request on "The Boxer" and that Neil suggested we all take a look. With all the wonderful choices we have here at TG, I never have looked at "The Boxer" and, well, now it's on my very long list of things I want to get to.

I think the lesson is broken down very nicely in true Neil fashion and how can you not sing it in the play through since the song is meant to be sung!?

My suggestion would be, why not listen to the song using Guitar Pro? The app is inexpensive--about $8.00--and this would allow you to listen (and read the music or tab) as many times as you want, at any speed you want. As well as Neil breaks down his lessons, sometimes I need the repetition that Guitar Pro can provide until I finally "get it."

I have to agree with Chris that having instrumental play throughs for songs meant to be sung would be a tall (and unnecessary order). I think Guitar Pro might provide the solution you're looking for.

Jean

fjeanmur

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:41 pm

michelew wrote:
This lesson has a couple of guitar Pro files. There's no singing in them and they can be slowed down as needed. I haven't looked at them so I don't know if they have the music for the whole song, but I imagine they would help.

I find the GPro files useful when I'm trying to work on a tricky section that I'm having trouble hearing in the original.

M
Hey Michele!

Great minds think alike. I was busy putting my answer together (and dinner on the table at the same time!) that I didn't see your response until now. A handy little app that Guitar Pro is. I know a lot of people on the Forum use it in so many ways that I don't, but just the straight up listening to something over and over makes using it so worth it.

michelew

Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:31 pm

Jean,

Classic multitasking, watch out that your superhero cape doesn't get set alight (a good argument for avoiding synthetics) :) in truth we were probably responding at the same time.

Hopefully Barney will find it useful. It's a great program.

M

fjeanmur

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:34 pm

michelew wrote:
Jean,

Classic multitasking, watch out that your superhero cape doesn't get set alight (a good argument for avoiding synthetics) :) in truth we were probably responding at the same time.

Hopefully Barney will find it useful. It's a great program.

M
Yes, Shel . . . and always trust your cape!

(Hope I did this right!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic