Paul McCartney/Wings Lessons

Feel free to get outside the box here.
fabiorfreitas

Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post about it, but it's not exactly a song request either, so here it goes:

As a Beatlemaniac, I was very happy to see that Neil did so many lessons on their songs as well as lots of stuff from John, George, and even Ringo! However, I was shocked to see that there was absolutely nothing from the greatest of all 4, Sir Paul McCartney, nor from the Wings, even though there were lots of nice songs in his almost 45 years of solo career, like Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, Maybe I'm Amazed, Ms. Vanderbilt, Band on the Run, Live and Let Die, My Valentine, as well as many others.

So my question is: is there any reason for this? Like some copyright issue or something like that? Otherwise, it would be really nice to see some Macca around TG :D

Thanks,
Fabio

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi Fabio, nice to see you join the forum. Neil chooses songs for their teaching value not necessarily for their popular appeal although folks can request and vote for songs. So, best is to make a request in the, er, recommend a lesson section...

http://www.totallyguitars.com/index.php ... Itemid=202

Chris in Swiss

6001 posts, where do i go to get my cake? Chas, Willem?

willem

Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:12 am

There is'nt, you have to buy your self a piece,, there are trophy points at the top of this page near the login. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fabiorfreitas

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:03 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Fabio, nice to see you join the forum. Neil chooses songs for their teaching value not necessarily for their popular appeal although folks can request and vote for songs. So, best is to make a request in the, er, recommend a lesson section...

http://www.totallyguitars.com/index.php ... Itemid=202

Chris in Swiss

6001 posts, where do i go to get my cake? Chas, Willem?

Yeah, I did my recommendations and also upvoted some of the folks', but since Neil seems to be such a Beatles enthusiastic, I just wondered if maybe there wasn't some copyright issues or something keeping him away from Paul, haha

fabiorfreitas

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Also, the cake is a lie.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:24 pm

Wow, no cake after all, was it all worth it? :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:11 pm

It's interesting how Wings seems always overlooked - it is truly the popular music pinnacle of a pure McCartney expression. Wings songs are so energetic and emotional; the best are achingly melodic.

willem

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:54 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow, no cake after all, was it all worth it? :laugh:
No, it was time messing, its better spending your time on learning and be one with your instrument.

I don't want the cake, but the topping would be nice. :laugh: :laugh:

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic