New TG Site Build - Help Us Please

Feel free to get outside the box here.
tombo1230

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:20 pm

I would like to be able to download an app for Windows, Ipad and maybe for my phone, or at least the first two and go to any of the lessons I am working on at that time, or straight to the forum.
Make the site multi-platform via an App that you can download.

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Thx guys so far, great list a few massive stretch goals, and a lot of stuff we had recorded from the last 2 years of operations, but keep them coming folks.

michelew

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:47 pm

This maybe be a feature now that I've missed.

It would be great if we could be sent email notification that we're received a PM. Otherwise you don't know until the next time you log-in to the site. I often scan the forum without logging-in so it can be days before I even notice that I have a PM, yet alone respond.

If this is just a settings issue in our profile account please let me know. I look for that later actually.

And please make it easier to send PMs. If they're not in your drop down list it can be difficult to send a PM,

Thanks.

M

jeremyk

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:48 am

I would like to see:

1. Better logging in. I should be able to save my user name/password so once I'm logged in on my laptop/phone, I don't have to do it every time. It's annoying when I get an e-mail from you, click on the link then have to log in, at which point it takes me to the main page, not the place I wanted to be. Additionally, as I'm logged in as a member, it should show me stuff specific to that, not joining target stuff, as I already have.

2. Better searching for songs. Scrolling down looking for something which is what I do now is poor, especially on a small screen. Provide other options for the search as others have suggested here.

3. Better playing of lessons. It is the thing I use the most, and I find it somewhat clunky moving between sections, not being able to stick to a section to play along/practice with. The player should be able to work like Guitar Pro does. It would be nice to have an iOS app as well for playing/searching.

Let me know if you want anyone to help beta testing (I'm a software developer) as I use this site quite a lot.

Thanks
Jeremy

willem

Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:39 am

Thx Jeremy we will certainly love your help on testing when we have code ready.

michelew

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Attention Neil, Matt and the Tech Wizards building the new TG website:

The video uploaders are a bit hidden. Can you please include a button, menu link on the front page of the forum that allows easy access to the video uploaders. I presume that the fact that there isn't a clear label/button/link now is a bit of a barrier to some people who would like to post videos for review or just to share what they're doign with the community.

Michele

familyman4

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:39 am

This request is not a TG "site issue" but is an issue for many of us.

Really would appreciate changing the music charts in a way that the chords are above the words instead of at the top of the page. (Or maybe both?) I am using the "On Song" app and have downloaded songs for sets. It would be very helpful if this change were made.

Bart

TGNeil

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:59 am

familyman4 wrote:
This request is not a TG "site issue" but is an issue for many of us.

Really would appreciate changing the music charts in a way that the chords are above the words instead of at the top of the page. (Or maybe both?) I am using the "On Song" app and have downloaded songs for sets. It would be very helpful if this change were made.

Bart
Hi Bart,

Thanks for weighing in on this. It has been brought up before but many years ago I went in the direction of keeping the chords and words separated for a couple main reasons which I guess I have not brought up for a long time. I will talk about this tomorrow on the News.

As an aside, there is at least one lesson where I chose to put the words over the chords, for a reason I probably mention in the lesson. I probably go into my reasons for not doing it generally as well.

Great topic for conversation, thanks for bringing it up. I feel a poll coming up soon.

Neil

familyman4

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Thanks Neil,
Eagles -Desperado is the song. Yep, yep, yep...

I am just wishful thinking I guess.

See you tomorrow on the news....

Bart

pineappletrain

Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 am

What happened to the new website ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic