Seals and Crofts, Hummingbird

Feel free to get outside the box here.
smartin34246

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:12 am

I have the sheet music for the classic Seals and Crofts song, 'Hummingbird', but the chord progression in the crescendo just don't sound right. Gm7 to Dm7, okay ... G for a couple of bars, fine ... but it starts sounding wonky when you hit a C# quickly followed by a D and then a D diminished. Have posted a request for Neil or Jameela to make a lesson on this classic, but until then, can someone offer some pointers on how to do a decent cover of that great Hummingbird ending crescendo?

auntlynnie

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 am

That is one of my favorite songs ever, but I have never attempted it, so I'm not any help at all. Hopefully someone else has worked on it and will offer some thoughts. If not, maybe think about posting a video of yourself playing what you have so far and the troubing sections.
Lynn

auntlynnie

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:52 am

Home from camp and looked at my original Summer Breeze songbook and I honestly cannot make heads or tails of the chords they have there. I'm just going to wait until Neil makes a lesson of it. I find these published sheet music often gets it wrong. :(
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic