Fly on the Wall with Vanessa

Feel free to get outside the box here.
TGNesh

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:55 am

Couldn't agree more!!

daryl wrote:
Michele, First off, like all videos you do at home, YOU (should) have the right to delete anything you don't like. Heck, with your video editing skills you could make it look like YOU are giving a lesson to Vanessa! Secondly, you would be getting a dedicated lesson from someone you greatly admire. Thirdly, you two are such good friends, that your "quick FOTW" could easily last an entire day and you would think, "where did the time go?" And lastly, YOU know way more than you give yourself credit for.

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:31 am

Having taken a lesson from Vanessa, I can certainly attest to her patience.... :laugh:

She was working with me on "Driving Towards the Daylight" by Joe Bonamassa. I was having a VERY difficult time making a landing back on a tough chord (tough for me anyway). Vanessa really shortened everything up for me and showed me how to just focus in on one specific transition. She gave me great ideas on how to stay disciplined on the change. I am still working on that a bit each night, and it is coming along. I am very thankful.

Michele: You would have a blast, and get a lot out of it. Couldn't ask for a better opportunity to have fun and learn something. B)

Jason

TGNesh

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:37 am

Many thanks Jason, that's great to hear! :) Appreciate it that you're not telling them that I slept your hand in 2013! :laugh: :laugh: :P

Music Junkie wrote:
Having taken a lesson from Vanessa, I can certainly attest to her patience.... :laugh:

She was working with me on "Driving Towards the Daylight" by Joe Bonamassa. I was having a VERY difficult time making a landing back on a tough chord (tough for me anyway). Vanessa really shortened everything up for me and showed me how to just focus in on one specific transition. She gave me great ideas on how to stay disciplined on the change. I am still working on that a bit each night, and it is coming along. I am very thankful.

Michele: You would have a blast, and get a lot out of it. Couldn't ask for a better opportunity to have fun and learn something. B)

Jason

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Many thanks Jason, that's great to hear! :) Appreciate it that you're not telling them that I slept your hand in 2013! :laugh: :laugh: :P
That was funny! I still use that horrible form for a Gmaj7 from time to time. Even Bart had my back on that one, albeit from the other side of the table.... :P

Now I use the alternate that you taught me this past IGC much more. It is MUCH easier to get to, and to transition from.... ;)

So I guess it was all worth the hand slap... :laugh:

michelew

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks for the votes of confidence. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I'll get a lot out of one-on-one instruction from Ness. She's already given me advice on a fair few things and the more I apply her teachings the more it pays off of course. Hmmmm... maybe I also need a teacher-ly slap too :) :) to remind me to stop doing something, or to correct bad habits. :) which of course she hasn't been able to land so far. :) :D. And I absolutely expect to have fun even during the scary bits. :)

It wouldn't surprise me if a FOTW with me turned into a giggle session. It's ridiculous, but I can break down into giggling when I get nervous. Rather than a FOTW - there may be a blooper real in the making - coming soon. :)

Hey Jason, sounds like Ness is looking for other volunteers too for the FOTW gig. :) step right up old man. :)

It's all good. Whatever ends up happening, I'm looking forward to my time in the US, BIG time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic