Fly on the Wall with Vanessa

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dtaylor

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:32 pm

I enjoy the FOTW lessons and was just wondering if there were any plans for Vanessa to do the same with her students.
I'd love to see her teaching style just to compare and contrast with Neil's, as he's the only guitar teacher I've ever seen in action with a student 1 to 1.

TGNesh

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi Dean,

I thought that Neil would answer your question in the recap, but that wasn't the case.

I have thought of this before, but the major thing here would be that all my students are dutch and speak dutch, so that wouldn't work so well.

I do think that there are some videos somewhere out there of me teaching when being in CA though, but no idea where. So maybe that would be a plan, to record a lesson or two when I'm there in August again. I'll check if, for example, Michele would be up to it! :) No pressure Shel :P It'd be fun in Neil's cabin! :cheer:

Anyway, that'll be a while from now of course, but yes, i'll plan on doing that.

Thanks Dean,

Ness

daryl

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:13 pm

That would be uber-cool for Nessa and Michele to do a FOTW.

davidrfinn99165

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Does Michele speak dutch though ???? :) :) :)

dtaylor

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:25 pm

I'd very much look forward to a few FOTWs with TG students learning some TG standards. They'd be cool additions to the lesson archive. Go for it Michele!

TGNesh

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Well it's nice to know that there is interest! I said 'no pressure Shel', haha! :ohmy: :laugh:

You never heard Shel speak dutch David? After over five years of being friends with me, she of course speaks it fluently! :P

michelew

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:42 pm

So... I have an opportunity to show the world that I really know NOTHING! On video ... Out in the public arena FOREVER.... OH Goodie! Who wouldn't jump at that opportunity??! :woohoo: :blink: :woohoo: :S :woohoo:

I presume you're of course talking about the five minute lesson where you show me how to use a pick without balling up my hand into a fist right Ness?!?

Dean - THANKS buddy!
Daryl - cosmic justice for the APB comment? :) thanks SO much friend... Or is that a misspelling? (No r) :p

Is this the year of doing scary things???!!

I reserve the right to take bravery lessons from Sandy (off camera) first... And THEN I'll give you my answer Ness. :p

TGNesh

Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:53 am

You absolutely have évery right to do anything you want Shel! ;)

It'd be uber cool, as Daryl puts it, though! :cheer:

michelew wrote:
So... I have an opportunity to show the world that I really know NOTHING! On video ... Out in the public arena FOREVER.... OH Goodie! Who wouldn't jump at that opportunity??! :woohoo: :blink: :woohoo: :S :woohoo:

I presume you're of course talking about the five minute lesson where you show me how to use a pick without balling up my hand into a fist right Ness?!?

Dean - THANKS buddy!
Daryl - cosmic justice for the APB comment? :) thanks SO much friend... Or is that a misspelling? (No r) :p

Is this the year of doing scary things???!!

I reserve the right to take bravery lessons from Sandy (off camera) first... And THEN I'll give you my answer Ness. :p

michelew

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:09 am

Woo hoo! Good to know. :)

I can hear Daryl snickering, smirking and rubbing his hand with mischievous glee from here. :) :) :)

ok I'll give you a definite maybe. :) :) I still need to learn Sandy's secrets first though. :)

daryl

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:23 am

Michele, First off, like all videos you do at home, YOU (should) have the right to delete anything you don't like. Heck, with your video editing skills you could make it look like YOU are giving a lesson to Vanessa! Secondly, you would be getting a dedicated lesson from someone you greatly admire. Thirdly, you two are such good friends, that your "quick FOTW" could easily last an entire day and you would think, "where did the time go?" And lastly, YOU know way more than you give yourself credit for.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic