The "Hogan G Chord" AKA - OUCH, its a workout!

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dottmcse85630

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Been working on the G chord the way Neil suggest using the pinky on the high-E string. I do like this method especially when needing to transition to a C or other need to get to quick with Index finger chords. My problem, not really a problem, was the first few weeks getting the strength built up. Couldn't do it for very long but now it is my go-to for playing a normal G. Thanks Neil, very good method!!!!

So just a comment on learning "Old Man" I started trying to imitate the strumming we hear on the recording but that was a bit too advanced for me. Decided to step back and use the rock pattern with a few hammer on's and add to them. This seems to be working for me for now.
Any advice on moving forward?

So I wonder, being a member for just a few months, what other sadistic methods does Neil or Vanessa have in store for me as I progress thru TG.

So a really big thanks for the lessons and tutoring, my playing has progressed leaps since being here. Gonna try to make it to Camp this year.

Dennis Ott

willem

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:40 pm

dottmcse85630 wrote:
[quote]

So just a comment on learning "Old Man" I started trying to imitate the strumming we hear on the recording but that was a bit too advanced for me. Decided to step back and use the rock pattern with a few hammer on's and add to them. This seems to be working for me for now.
Any advice on moving forward?

if you mean the hammerons in the solo parts and the verse ( the verse is ease'r), it helped me a lot slowing down and counting it out loud or in your head, i do play this song ( not singing it ) and I still practice those parts a lot and slow and counting,, it is tricky,, great song

Willem

TGNesh

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:43 pm

Major kudos to you Dennis, for getting the work done! It'll pay off big time as you're already discovering. :)

Great to hear you're enjoying the site and that it adds so much to your playing. Really hope you'll be able to make it to camp, we got a few songs to play together! ;)

Ps. What other sadistic methods???!! :laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic