Any TOAD's out there?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dottmcse85630

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:29 pm

Part of my weekly practice rotation includes two songs from Toad The Wet Sprocket.
Walk On The Ocean and Somethings Always Wrong.
They both have a mix of open and barre chords, nothing to challenging to handle.
I have found them to be really helpful with chord changes which are quick, bang bang change for the most part. Keeps your fretting hand moving and if ya muck it up you are SOL, cuz the song is moving along. In other words it teaches me precision.
They also sound very pleasant to play.
ONE day maaaaaaybe I will get to the point of being able to sing with it.

Anyhow I found both of these songs very helpful to progress learning.

willem

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:58 pm

No TOAD's, B)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:42 pm

Hmmmm, anyone know what happened to my post on this thread? I posted yesterday and saw it this morning..... did I get wiped?

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Well, anyway, I said that I love TOAD and especially Something's Always Wrong (ironically, there was something wrong with my post!) as its a very uplifting but straight-forward song to play and sing. I mentioned that I actually wrote a mail to Glen Philips asking him about the lyrics to Pray Your Gods and he very kindly replied. So, great to hear you are playing these guys' songs Dennis :-).

Chris

wrsomers

Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:01 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hmmmm, anyone know what happened to my post on this thread? I posted yesterday and saw it this morning..... did I get wiped?
Chris,
The site was down all morning.you might have gotten wiped then. I noticed the videos are gone. Maybe YouTube had something to do with it.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi Bill, yeah, something was going on.... after I re-posted, I landed on a strange page I have not seen before. Ah, well, no harm done!

Happened again after this post....

familyman4

Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:45 am

Same thing happened to me yesterday? However, my post did stick (which surprised me). I figured it has something to do with the updates and changes on the site?

Like you said, no harm done...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic