Are you a part of Totally Electric Guitars?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
tgjameela

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:13 am

Hey Everyone,

We're putting together some new pages for our sister guitar site Totally Electric Guitars, and wanted to reach out to those of you that joined us when we officially launched a year and seven months ago. As we did when we launched the new home page for TG, we need some testimonials from those of you that have benefited from Max's lessons over at TEG.

Feel free to post them here, a few points if you need them:

How long you've been using the site.
What you learned from Max's lessons, how they have influenced your skills or style.
How Max is as a guitar instructor.
Any other things you would like to share.

Let me know if there are any questions and thanks to everyone for your support!
Jameela

sbutler

Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:22 pm

no, not a member. Although Matt Williams told all of us at the first Guitar Camp 2013, that we would all get a one year membership, but that hasnt happened.

So I have bought a CD set that Max put out, and I thought he did a good job.

TGNeil

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:58 pm

Hey Scott,

Thanks for reminding us of this. I will put it back on the to-do list. Did you create an account at TEG? If so, it should be an easy patch. And anybody else from IGC #1 should do the same and send me a PM with your username there.

Neil

wrsomers

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:32 am

You asked for an honest opinion and I hope you will take it as such and not as a put-down of Max's skills as an electric guitarist.

I'm sure that Max is a great electric guitar player and teacher, however, I don't think his style is meant for acoustic guitar. I have not found any value in his lessons because acoustic is just that, and electric is something else. If I wanted electric guitar lessons, I would have subscribed to TEG.

Sorry for this comment but it is the way I genuinely feel. Again, you asked for candid feedback.

Bill

willem

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Yes I 'm a member,, a free member...

sbutler

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:20 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Hey Scott,

Thanks for reminding us of this. I will put it back on the to-do list. Did you create an account at TEG? If so, it should be an easy patch. And anybody else from IGC #1 should do the same and send me a PM with your username there.

Neil
No Neil, I did not create an account.

Scott

heatndude

Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:29 am

Hello!

I have been a member of TEG for almost a year and have enjoyed Max's lessons. His teaching style leans more towards learning the feel and sound of the song versus theory and counting. This style of teaching has helped me loosen up my playing and stop trying to match a recording but give a song the same feel as the original in my own way, makes it very fun!

My scales / lead playing has also improved due to the awesome backing tracks available in the site to jam along with.

The site however is a little cumbersome to navigate yet, signing in can be difficult at times it takes you to generic page with little information on it on where to go next. I know the TG team will continue to improve this, they always do! The only other feedback would be to add full play along videos of the songs Max is teaching. He teaches a lot of detailed parts and I find it easier to try and play along while learning, it helps me along faster, but I'm also getting old and its tuff to teach an old dog new tricks but it can be done!

Thanks,

Mark

mweston

Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:48 pm

I'm a paying member of TEG, altho I have only logged in a couple of times. I've been totally focused on playing acoustic guitar and just haven't felt like I've had the time to include practicing on electric. Max's lesson covering Rasgueado technique on this site is on my to-do list, though.

Marc W

BobR

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:06 pm

I am a member of TEG, but like Marc I spend most time here on acoustic. I do log in occasionally and enjoy Max's lessons though. Just need more time.
Bob

spinland

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:42 am

I am, indeed, though a fairly recent one and haven't yet had enough time to explore it thoroughly.

I get this site is defaulting to mainly acoustic play, though the title seems to embrace ALL forms of guitar. Not saying TEG isn't necessary, just making an observation. I'm good with how this evolution has played out and I LOVE the lesson material over there; I'm excited to start exploring guitar playing with a harder edge.

My only negative feeling about TEG is how dead the forum is. It would be kind of nice to be able to talk shop at length about playing stuff that doesn't seem very welcome here, but thus far it's just the chirping of (maybe electric?) crickets.

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic