Confused about Acoustic Genius Series

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mrp777

Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:02 pm

I have joined the Target membership and gone through the Beginner Blueprint. Also started learning some of the easier songs.

I want to start the Acoustic Guitar Series listed in the sidebar menu. The link goes to a somewhat random, unstructured 4 page list of lessons. However, when clicking "Tips, Techniques, Theory & Styles" (TTTS) in the top menu, it has a more organized structure. Is it better to follow the TTTS structure and go through every topic in order?

I also noticed that the AGS list has several lessons that don't seem to be in the TTTS area. For example, "DADGAD Motivation" and "Which Pattern Is That".

I'm sure I could be missing something, so any advice on how to move beyond the Beginner stage would be greatly appreciated.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:47 am

Hi mrp, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will comment soon.... but in the meantime, I would say there is no straight line to success, you can safely jump in anywhere that grabs your fancy and you will progress. I don't think you can go wrong or make any mistakes here whatever you do.... except, maybe leave the level 7-9 lessons for later on!!

Welcome to the candy store of TG!

Chris

TGNeil

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi,

The best set to follow the Blueprint is the 7 lessons under Tips..., from Fundamentals through Chords In Keys. I talked about this a little on the Weekly Update April 21, 2017.

Neil

mrp777

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:44 am

Yes, I saw you mentioned it in the update, thanks! I've also been following Strumming and Practice Partner... very helpful too!

egil

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:34 pm

When I select Tips,Techniques etc., then "Theory" from the drop down menu, The first lesson is "From the Beginning".
The 7th lesson is "Chords in a major key". Is that what you are referring to?

TGNeil

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:45 am

egil wrote:
When I select Tips,Techniques etc., then "Theory" from the drop down menu, The first lesson is "From the Beginning".
The 7th lesson is "Chords in a major key". Is that what you are referring to?
You got it!

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic