New Collings Guitar. Pete Huttlinger Signature Model

Feel free to get outside the box here.
familyman4

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello folks,
Thought I would share a few pictures of a guitar that I have had ordered since February. It came into the music store last week while I was at IGC 2017. So, I finally got her picked up today. This is a Collings OM1, made in Austin Texas. Pete Huttlinger is the only person that Collings has ever made a signature model for. You can Google Pete for his bio but unfortunately, he passed away about 1 1/2 years ago.

Time to break her in B)

Bart

Never Mind, I cannot get the pictures to load. But here is a quick link with pics and description of this beauty....

https://t.e2ma.net/message/14a6n/1wwx5k

auntlynnie

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:50 pm

Well that is certainly exciting news!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see and hear it in a video.
Lynn

vzg14

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi Bart, I'm a big fan of Pete Huttlinger and was pretty bummed when I heard of his passing last year. People should really look him up and read about his health issues and how he was determined to play guitar again after a heart failure incident. His life is truly a miracle. I especially enjoy his "Hymns for Guitar" and "Fingerpicking Wonder: The Music of Stevie Wonder" albums.

Congrats on your new guitar. Like Lynn, I'll look forward to seeing and hearing it in a video. Who needs a candy store when all of the candy is right in your own home. :-)

-Vic

sandysue

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 pm

That's awesome Bart. Wow what a beautiful guitar. Yours has the fly fishing inlays on the fret board right? We would all love to see you post a video playing your new guitar. :)

Sandy

familyman4

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 pm

Lynn, Victor & Sandy,

My daughter is coming home for a visit from Barcelona Spain this weekend. She will be home for a week and my hope is that I can talk her in to singing a song with me to post on the forum. Please don't hold me to that, it will depend on her... However, if that doesn't work out for whatever reason, I will record something and post it on the forum myself.

Yes Sandy, it has the fly fishing and trout inlays on the fret board, and his signature inlay on the 12th fret, just like the article that I posted to start this thread. It really is quite beautiful! Adirondack Spruce top with Mahogany back, sides and neck. Open Waverly tuners. This guitar is #7 made. The 1st 15 have his hand written signature on the label inside. He signed them before he passed away in 2016 and Collings saved them for the first 15 released. I feel very lucky to have this instrument.

Vic - I have several of his CD's and DVD's as well. He had the heart of a teacher and a wonderful sense of humor! I was able to meet him several times, even got to play with him once. Very special indeed! When I watched him play Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", I was truly floored.

Bart

tombo1230

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:47 pm

Another Pete Huttlinger fan here. I've seen a picture of his signature guitar, so it would be great to hear it too.
I'm thinking this will be a great guitar for fingerpicking.
Pete was a nice guy and as well as super talented, he had a great sense of humour.
Taken too soon.

Tom N.

BigBear

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Bart- that is just stunning! Congrats on the new addition to your "Guitar Family". I came very close to buying a Collings SG but they don't make their necks with a wider profile for my 'bear paws". But they play like a dream.

On a side note, owning a Pete Huttlinger Model is special. Pete was a wonderful artist and human being. His comeback from illness to being able to play again is a real study in human courage and persistance. I miss the man. He contributed much to this musical craft we all love.

I hope to see your new beauty some day!

Be well, my friend!

Rick

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Looking forward to hearing it Bart! Looks like a bute.

BTW, the photo issue you are having is probably a size issue. Just reduce to under half a MB ( or less) and it should work. Something like that.

Craig

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:55 pm

What a beautiful guitar Bart! Congratulations! The inlay is incredible. Can't wait to hear it!

Craig

TGNesh

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:47 am

Wow.....that looks like a gorgeous and spectacular guitar!!

Congratulations! And of course, now you need to show us/let us hear how it sounds too! :cheer: B)

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic