Intro to Blues - turnarounds

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mrp777

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

In Part 3 of Intro to the Blues, Neil mentions that he will discuss "turnarounds" in greater detail later on. I went through all the lessons and he only touched on it briefly. Are there lessons on turnarounds somewhere else on the site?

willem

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:47 am

Hi, if you surf the net you find a lot of explains on turnarounds, often played in the last two measers of the 12 bar blues and returns to chord one , there is a lot of blues played in the key of E ( the blues key I think), interesting is that the famous bluesman had there signature turnarounds,,

maybe "key to the highway" is fun for searching the net (covers) and look how they did it (this tune is a 8 bar blues)

mrp777

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:40 am

Thanks, Willem. Appreciate the advice. I am very familiar with turnarounds and their use. I was really looking for Neil's take on it and how he teaches them. He specifically mentions that he will go into it in greater detail and I'm not sure if it's on the site but I just can't find it. Or maybe he never got around to it.

thereshopeyet

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 pm

mrp777 Wrote:
In Part 3 of Intro to the Blues, Neil mentions that he will discuss "turnarounds" in greater detail later on
I was really looking for Neil's take on it and how he teaches them. He specifically mentions that he will go into it in greater detail.
Interesting question.
It would be great if Neil were to elaborate on Turnarounds in detail.
I don't remember of any lessons that Neil has uploaded, specifically on turnarounds. :dry:

The fact that he said he'd go into more detail would suggest he had something in mind.
Hopefully this topic brings it back to his attention.

Dermot

mrp777

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Is there a way to tag him, or flag this post for his attention?

TGNeil

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am

mrp777 wrote:
Is there a way to tag him, or flag this post for his attention?
Hi there,

No need to tag me and I have seen this thread. I will address on the next update and am considering a more detailed lesson soon. Thanks for bringing this up!

Neil

mrp777

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am

That's awesome Neil. Thanks for the reply! Happy Thanksgiving.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic