Videos won`t load

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frieder

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi alll,

I have bought a lesson for the videos and they won't load. I have the latest flash player version installed. Works neither on Chrome nor on Edge...
Any Ideas?
Freddy

tgjameela

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi Freddy!

Thanks for your post and welcome to Totally Guitars!

New browser updates require that flash be enabled, so even though it's installed it has to be allowed to run on sites that require it, TG being one that is still reliant on flash player in order for the videos to run.

I did a quick tutorial on how to enable it on Chrome: http://tg-help-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... uitars.mp4

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks!
Jameela

mcmurry1

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:16 pm

A bit frustrating given percent of time I use an iPad rather than a computer. Any plan to make a change? Also, is flash player similarly required to get the charts / tabs? Seems like it might be.

tgjameela

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your comment.

We already have a workaround in place for mobile devices, since they don't support Flash, all you need to do is select the lesson parts twice. When you click it the first time from a mobile device it usually just loads a black screen, but clicking it again should load in the video segment, it is a bit clunky but works to bypass Flash on mobile devices.

Regarding the charts and tabs, those are downloadable, so clicking the link should trigger a download to view the attachments, you do need to have a pdf viewer like Adobe Reader so that you can open up the PDF files.

I hope these details help, if you have any other questions or comments please let us know.

Thanks again!
Jameela

mcmurry1

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for the quick response... I’ll check them out and let you know. Not sure what the issue was with the pdf files, just failed to load. Robert

mcmurry1

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:24 pm

All working fine! Thanks Jameela, Happy Holidays!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic