help

Feel free to get outside the box here.
fjeanmur

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi John and welcome to the Forum!

I see I’m a little late to the thread, but the topic interests me because you’ve brought a lesson to my attention I might not have looked at. I see there are so many things in it, particularly the picking, that would make it worth a try. But I can see why anyone would find it very challenging.

Unless you’re at Neil’s level, I think most of us would need to give this one time. I was someone who started here at TG about five and a half years ago, returning to the guitar after over thirty five years and not having known much at that. I’ve worked on things that have taken a year, I have worked on things way too difficult and dropped them, only to come back again after a year to find there were now doable.

I find I need to work on something sometimes two measures at a time, rewinding the video over and over and working with a pencil near by. Your piece is not a strumming or rthymic problem, but some very difficult left hand techniques. At least for me, many times my lack of experience gets in the way.

I’m just about to finish up the second part of “In My Life” and there was one measure I watched over and over, comparing it with the tab. I could swear the tab was wrong and Neil in the video was doing something different. I was ready to post about it to get a better explanation (which I’m sure Neil would have done.) But then after feeling really frustrated, I understood what I was doing wrong and I was over that hurdle.

I hope you’re now on your way with “Sage” and you’ll let us know how you’re progressing. I’ve been AWOL from the Forum for a bit, but I hope your post will drawn me back in.

Cheers in the new year and happy playing.

Felicia

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Neil

I haven't tried The Sage yet.
Thanks for the additional Pdf's

You deserve to scoff a scone !!

Dermot

:P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic