Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jrazum

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi,

I tried reaching out a few days ago that the song Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel has incomplete tablature but haven’t had a response. . There is no bridge and outro. Could you please help me as I have been trying to get to learn these parts for a the past number of days?

Thank you, John

TGNeil

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:01 pm

jrazum wrote:
Hi,

I tried reaching out a few days ago that the song Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel has incomplete tablature but haven’t had a response. . There is no bridge and outro. Could you please help me as I have been trying to get to learn these parts for a the past number of days?

Thank you, John
Hi John,

Will be checking on that soon. I am not sure the lesson doesn't give enough info for those parts. Have you watched all the videos yet?

Neil

TGNesh

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:05 am

Hi John and thanks for reaching out.

I haven't written out the bridge and outro, since there is no specific way of playing it. Everyone tackling such an arrangement is encouraged to fill it up in any way they want/like. Anything that i míght do in a particular way, I point out in the lesson segment. Still, that's often personal preference too.

Besides the obvious parts like the intro and interludes (those are quite specific), I did write out á way of playing through a verse, which you could/should vary up as well. It's just an example to get you started.

You can use the same 'patterns' for the other parts of the song. I cover those example patterns in the right hand segment. This is all there really is to it. It's a free form/style picking arrangement.

Good luck!

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic