Deep river blues

Feel free to get outside the box here.
loub54

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:17 am

Hi Neil, Re: Deep river blues In Bar 3, I feel when you’re teaching this part and the way it’s written as the high E and the low E are played at same time, but the play through seems to be you’re hitting the high E 1st then the low E. I’m wondering what you meant to play or write as the basic way of playing the piece? Thank you, Lou P.S. I’m trying to learn how to fingerpick, so have decided to learn particular pieces that seem to me to be essential pieces to learn to help with my aim, this is piece 1 and I want to learn it how you meant to show it, if I’ve made a mistake about what I’m saying please let me know.
P.S. Guidance on particular tunes to learn would be helpful (I'm a huge Tommy Emmanuel fan, but never learnt to fingerpick in my pursuing in guitar playing)

TGNeil

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Hi Lou,

Thanks for checking in and glad to hear you are working on this cool tune. The Play Through is pretty fast and the 2 'E's are played at the same time, as in the tab. In measure 11 they are separated with the high E an eighth note earlier, before the bass note. The Slowed Down version makes this more clear, I think. Let me know if this helps or how it is going when you can.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic