Listen Here!

Feel free to get outside the box here.
michelew

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:25 am

Hi everyone,

I’ve been enjoying listening to the new album from The Small Glories - Assiniboine & the Red.

Here’s one of the tracks.

Give it a listen. I’m betting you’ll like it too.

What are you enjoying listening to right now?; new or just well loved. :)

M

tombo1230

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:04 am

I've been listening to Lewis Capaldi. The main actor in the video is Peter Capaldi, the former Doctor Who actor who is Capaldi's second cousin once removed.
This song is from the album called: Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent. Note: the music starts at 27 seconds in. Enjoy!

Craig

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:41 pm

Hey Shel!

I don't have anything new but inspired by Vanessa's recent lesson, I've gone back to some Eagles lately. Especially On The Boarder and Desperado.

I do like both of the songs you and Tom put up here though. Thanks to both of you for turning me on to some new (at least to me) music.

Craig

daryl

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Listening to a Josh Turner original. Fabulous guitar playing. Nice melody and interesting lyrics.

TGNeil

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:48 pm

Hey Gang,

We can always look to and thank Michele for opening doors, and this is one I was thinking about anyway for the TG Forum (more on that soon, maybe), and I have to say these are fabulous tunes on many levels. Absolutely knocked out by Josh Turner, again, and great to see someone who may be this generations James Taylor, and the innovative rhythmic progressions of the Small Glories. The last tune started off with a progression that should be outlawed and retired but the heart surgery aspect broke that thought as my youngest has that same scar that she got as a 12-year old who would not have seen 13 without the skills of Stanford pediatric cardiologist Dr. Frank Hanley. She is now 25 and we are the grateful beneficiaries of 21st century medicine.

For those interested in the blog I kept at the time it is here
Lizzie's Story

But getting back to the point, I would love to see posts here of anything you are listening to and following are some of mine.

Neil

michelew

Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:00 pm

Tom, Craig, Daryl, Neil,

Thanks for joining in. I enjoyed listening to your offerings very much. Though the Mary Black clip wouldn’t play.

The Small Glories are great. This - their second album - is permeated with interesting rhythms, unusual bass-lines, guts, great harmonies and a real folk feel throughout. Long long moon is another that grabs me - sad - but wonderful. I couldn’t find any other YouTube videos from this album unfortunately- but I recommend supporting the duo and buying it - or checking them out in Spotify of course.

I have their first album too - check out Had I Paid - my favorite from that collection- if you haven’t heard it. Hell! It’s worth listening to again if you have. :)

Here’s an interesting article about them and the latest album if anyone would like to read more.
https://tinnitist.com/2019/04/17/small- ... e-the-red/

Josh Turner IS very cool. And I love the lyrics of the posted song - they have heart while being tongue in cheek. Perhaps a lesson for the TG library is called for. :)

Thanks guys.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Somehow, I cannot post from my mobile...

michelew

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:16 am

Chris,

That’s strange. I received a notification about your post, which included your comment and the link to the performance; which was both cool and then sort of creepy/chilling towards the end. B) :woohoo: :huh:

I’m happy to repost it if you’d like.

And of COURSE we expect ... know.... well think.... you’re listening to the moodies all day. We might need to check that one with an independent witness. :P

Hello!

Ta

M

TGNesh

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 am

Wow.....that was some performance....very powerful, and quite a dynamic duo. All acoustic as well, really cool! And yeah, i like the harmonies as well, no suprise there. ;)

What am i listening to....well, i barely listen to music in order to just enjoy the music. I'm always listening to something to see if i can turn it into a lesson. :dry:

Bút i've had a cd player stalled into my car last week, finally. Goodbye cassette-deck.... It made Mark (Heatndude, from Wisconsin) and his wife laugh out loud when they visited me here in Holland a few years ago. :laugh: In any way, so far i've listened to two albums of The Eagles, Desperado and On The Border. This morning it was the greatest hits by Robbie Williams. I'm actually a big fan of his first 5 albums. (and then i lost track) And yes, i keep thinking here and there 'hey, i should record this as a lesson'. :S :laugh:

:) xoxo

michelew wrote:
Hi everyone,

I’ve been enjoying listening to the new album from The Small Glories - Assiniboine & the Red.

Here’s one of the tracks.

Give it a listen. I’m betting you’ll like it too.

What are you enjoying listening to right now?; new or just well loved. :)

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic