Chord Shapes in Ode to Billy Joe

Feel free to get outside the box here.
tgjameela

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:57 pm

Hey Everyone!

This question came thru the helpdesk, if anyone working Ode to Billy Joe by Bobbie Gentry has insight please share.

I had seen the lesson attachment, but this does not give me what I am after, and I'm afraid Google won't either.
This is because, as I'm sure you know, there are many ways to play each guitar chord. There is the 'easy' way,
which is the 'open' chord, which is what guitar students learn first from being beginners, but every chord can also
be formed in eg a different inversion on many different parts of the neck.

The tutor on this video says that he is changing the position of the chords from the open chords, but he does this
so quickly and the camera angle is such that I cannot see exactly where his fingers are placed. By 'chord chart',
I mean including chord boxes showing on which string and at what fret the tutor is placing his fingers, and which
strings are open and which are silent at each point in this particular lesson.

Thanks all!

TGNeil

Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi, and sorry for the oversight on the lesson. I have added a pdf with diagrams to the lesson. Take a look and let me know if that helps.

Neil

tgjameela wrote:
Hey Everyone!

This question came thru the helpdesk, if anyone working Ode to Billy Joe by Bobbie Gentry has insight please share.

I had seen the lesson attachment, but this does not give me what I am after, and I'm afraid Google won't either.
This is because, as I'm sure you know, there are many ways to play each guitar chord. There is the 'easy' way,
which is the 'open' chord, which is what guitar students learn first from being beginners, but every chord can also
be formed in eg a different inversion on many different parts of the neck.

The tutor on this video says that he is changing the position of the chords from the open chords, but he does this
so quickly and the camera angle is such that I cannot see exactly where his fingers are placed. By 'chord chart',
I mean including chord boxes showing on which string and at what fret the tutor is placing his fingers, and which
strings are open and which are silent at each point in this particular lesson.

Thanks all!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic