A Theory Question

rcsnydley

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:34 am

Marc - I have both a Word file and a PDF file and will email you both right now.

Ric

rcsnydley

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:39 am

Here is a great website of useful guitar charts. It includes scale charts, chord construction, circle of fifths, etc.

http://freenet-homepage.de/greybeard/Index.htm

Keep Playing
Ric

BigBear

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:42 am

rcsnydley wrote:
Here is a great website of useful guitar charts. It includes scale charts, chord construction, circle of fifths, etc.

Great website! Thanks buddy!:)

eagle670

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:54 am

Music theory is so "greek" to me. I cannot seem to get a handle on any of it. I need to start with basic theory and work my way up. Any suggestions on where to start? I wish I had taken the traditional route of learning this when I first pick up the guitar oh so many years ago.

rcsnydley

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:56 am

BigBear wrote:
rcsnydley wrote:

Great website! Thanks buddy!:)
Rick - always a pleasure sharing my finds. I have way to much time on my hands right now (unemployed or as I tell my wife semiretired, she doesn't like to hear that). I can research a lot of guitar related topics and I get excited when I find a good one.

Do I sound like I need to go back to work?

Keep Playing
Ric

BigBear

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:00 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
[quoteRick - always a pleasure sharing my finds. I have way to much time on my hands right now (unemployed or as I tell my wife semiretired, she doesn't like to hear that). I can research a lot of guitar related topics and I get excited when I find a good one.

Do I sound like I need to go back to work? [/quote]

I know what you mean! I just got laid off last week and playing on this forum keeps my mind from going on overload! I spend way too much time on this forum! LOL!

rcsnydley

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:03 pm

eagle670 wrote:
Music theory is so "greek" to me. I cannot seem to get a handle on any of it. I need to start with basic theory and work my way up. Any suggestions on where to start? I wish I had taken the traditional route of learning this when I first pick up the guitar oh so many years ago.
eagle - go back to page 1 of this thread and you will find that I posted a list of good websites to help out with music theory.

Keep Playing
Ric

AndyT

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:30 pm

I started learning all this stuff way back in elementary school when I was learning the clarinet. I rebelled strongly and went on to forget everything. Now I'm trying to catch up again like many of us here.

I have trouble even remembering the formula for majors.
Whole, half, three quarter....

Lavallee

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:08 am

I was looking at the Pentatonic scales, Minor and Major. What is the purpose of having the 2 if they are both the same but offset by 1 pattern? (Major 5 is the same as Minor 1)?

Marc

rcsnydley

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:36 am

Yeah, I know what you mean Marc. I guess if you study them individually you have to have patterns for each, you just can't say pattern 1 is just major's pattern 5. If you hadn't study the major patterns yet it wouldn't make sense.

Keep Playing
Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic