Ideas for Theory Lessons

AndyT

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:04 am

Please help us out in the new group by filling out the definitions.

rcsnydley

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:43 am

Chasplaya wrote:
wrench wrote:
Ric,

I think you have a great idea in mind here.

I started to study music theory in a very focused fashion before I discovered TG, and it was austere to say the least. I would have succeeded, but with zero flags of fun, where TG is six flags of fun.

Neil's dose of theory with each song resonates in my mind as the greatest "this medicine tastes good" trick I have ever seen. I think a forum / group approach is a natural extension, and is just right for this unique TG group.

Chas and Bear were spot on with comments and ideas, and from a beginner's perspective I would like to say the first material I would like to see is a set of definitions.

wrench
Hi Ric,

The Group is up and running courtesy of Andy.
Since Andy has created a music theory group there seems no reason for me to duplicate what he is doing and pursue this project any further.

Thanks for all the great ideas and input.

zikki

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:20 pm

How to start playing guitar?
For most guitarists, the first steps are the most difficult.

haoli25

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Hello and welcome, Zikki. The best advice I can give to anyone that is just starting out with the guitar is, enroll in the TARGET program. It is the best investment you can make. Neil has lessons that cover how to get started playing the guitar in the program, but more importantly, it will teach you how to play the right way from the beginning. It will make learning much more enjoyable and you will learn faster than any other method I have found.
If you have any other questions, just ask.

Bill

BigBear

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Zikki- Big welcome to the site! We're glad you found us! There is tons of free stuff here on the site but most of it isn't focused at really new players.

Bill, in the previous post, is absolutely correct, the TARGET program is a must, especially for new or inexperienced players. You can take private lessons and pay $20-30+ per half hour lesson or you can join TARGET and get more great info than you can possibly absorb. Plus, if you get stuck at any time, just post a question and if Neil hasn't answered it already we'll jump in and try to help. This forum is really amazing.

So good luck learning this wonderful instrument and Happy Playin'

Cheers! :cheer:

AndyT

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:55 pm

When I created the group, Neil had not yet created his theory series. Now he has finished it. Its the Acoustic Genius Series.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic