Scales

Lavallee

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:53 am

I just don"t know how to improvise (on a guitar that is !). Know a little about scale (practicing the G major scale), have somewhat an idea of what to do in a solo. I am sure I am not alone in this case and I would like to see the beginner"s corner where we could start from scratch.

Marc

TGSuzanne

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:45 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Suzanne, are my questions to basic to be of value in this thread, should I review the basic lessons and different scales Neil has on this site before I respond with very limited knowledge of the questions you are asking. Gary
I think your questions are great....it is hard for me to find them in all these threads....
but go ahead and ask, I'll try to respond the fastest and the best I can.

TGSuzanne

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:24 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Suzanne, are my questions to basic to be of value in this thread, should I review the basic lessons and different scales Neil has on this site before I respond with very limited knowledge of the questions you are asking. Gary

Gary:

I will be posting an exercise and some tips for practice and use in these forums in a few days... Stayed tuned. Your questions are appropriate for these threads.

pineappletrain

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:33 pm

I have started now to practise scales, i have been wathcing the Acoustic Genius Series and its been really helpfull, its a super good exersise for starting to learn where eacht note is lokated on the guitar and one of the most giving more teoreticly focused exersises i have been doing. Awesome work you have been doing thanks and ceep it coming :)

vanguardau

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:33 am

I once saw an interview with Sting and he said he still practices his scales everyday.Although he's a bass player,there must be a lesson for all of us in there.
I think to be a better guitar player knowing your scales and playing them and generally knowing where the notes are on the entire finger board must be an advantage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic