Announcing the new Acoustic Genius series for Target members..Beginners especially pay attention pls

TGMatt

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Well all we have been working away on a new series of lessons for Target that really become the core of Target teaching..and hopefully set a new standard for you all..

To test what we have done we are launching inside the Target program The first of the series ...

Look Under the category

ACOUSTIC GENIUS SERIES

The first series of lessons - Their are 9 in total is titled

"Introduction to Theory"

The 9 lessons are listed below that ...click for each..

Let us know what you think ...be kind , I think they are a cut above anything else available anywhere, but Im biased..so positively constructed feedback is welcome..

Neil worked really hard to get you this material and do it in his all encompassing style..
below is a preliminary explanation for each lesson..

This is Huge all..we are posting 9 lessons today , thats a lot of content ..

Thx all..

Matt and TG team..

Fundamentals I

Overview

Building Blocks – Fundamentals I presents a clear and concise explanation of terms and definitions that every musician needs to understand in order to get a grasp of general principles of music theory. Neil starts with the concepts of pitch and time, and continues with information about time signatures, tuning the guitar, and how we use the alphabet in music. The student will learn a very simple way to identify all the notes on the guitar.

Chapter 1: What Is Music?

This chapter introduces some basic musical terms. Neil talks about pitch, whole steps and half steps, as well how high and low notes are related on the guitar.

Chapter 2: Learning To Count I

This chapter goes over beats and timing, how beats are grouped into measures, and the relationships between whole notes, half notes, quarter notes and eighth notes.

Chapter 3: Learning To Count II

This chapter focuses on time signatures and what the top and bottom numbers represent. Neil defines and gives examples of common time (4/4), cut time (2/2), and waltz time (3/4).

Chapter 4: The Musical Alphabet

A clear explanation of how the twelve notes in our musical universe are labeled using the first seven letters of the alphabet (A-B-C-D-E-F-G) and the modifying terms sharp (#) and flat (b). Also covered is the order of notes, as far as up and down a scale.

Chapter 5: The Chromatic Scale

Neil defines a scale and shows how to play this simple one on the guitar. He also touches on the importance of learning where the natural notes are on the guitar.

Chapter 6: Tuning The Guitar

In this chapter you will learn how to tune the guitar in standard tuning. Neil goes over using the traditional method (using the 5th fret of each string), as well as how to use harmonics to tune.

Chapter 7: Guitar Geometry I

Part 1 of how notes are laid out on the guitar. Neil compares the guitar with the piano and teaches the chromatic scale in 1st position.

Chapter 8: Guitar Geometry II

The Geometry idea is carried into how the strings are related and teaches us all the natural notes in 1st position.

Chapter 9: Guitar Geometry III

The 3rd part of Guitar Geometry carries us into learning the notes further up the neck. It also covers ways to play the same notes on different strings, something Neil calls the ‘Rule of 5 and sometimes 4’