Rap

dennisg

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:34 am

I don't believe its pessimism I think its waking up to reality, which is a good place for Andy's vocation to be;
All pessimists rationalize their pessimism by saying they're just being realists. I think I'm being a realist, too, and yet I'm not pessimistic.
all generations go through similar things
I couldn't agree more. Every new generation that comes along is told that the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, that the world can't possibly survive the evil that's spreading. We've been given a steady diet of this message for many hundreds of years. Yet we're still here.

Chas, I have a passing familiarity with evil. I've had all of my European relatives slaughtered in the Holocaust. I was in the U.S. Marine Corps at the height of the Vietnam war, and I've been exposed to some of the worst instincts in humankind. I worked in a film studio in Berlin that was a former poison gas factory that likely made the very product that killed my relatives. I'm not saying I've seen it all. What I am saying is that I'm in the last third of my life, and I refuse to accept the notion that the evil in the world represents the norm. So, if it's your and Andy's contention that the world is falling apart, then I reject that reality and substitute my own.

With respect.

- Dennis

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:02 pm

dennisg wrote:
I refuse to accept the notion that the evil in the world represents the norm. So, if it's your and Andy's contention that the world is falling apart, then I reject that reality and substitute my own.

With respect.

- Dennis
Interesting topic Dennis, I don't believe Andy and I are saying its the 'norm', but its dangerously fast becoming so, you gotta admit we accept more and more of things we would never have done years ago and with time its progressively getting worse... Would German citizens have accepted what they did in Auschwitz 10 -15 years earlier? I don't know obviously.. but I like to think not. I am optimistic that people like us will stand up and say No! (eventually)...

Catman

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:58 am

Back on topic....

Here's some Rock rap (which I think is music)

wadestar

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Yes that one was fun and still rocked

wammer

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Bartender.................Blues Brothers

wammer

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:35 pm

oh my.............when reading through the forum you really should make sure you have read all entries not just the first page LMAO
;)

AndyT

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Wammer, LOL I was wondering what you were on about.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic