Challenged?

AndyT

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:21 am

Matt said in one of the flipped out vids that he was testing Neil to see how well he could play a song that was not really a guitar song. Of course Neil did it no problem.

But the thing is, I do this all the time. Now, I have never been as good or sounded as good as Neil, but I've been able to pick out quite a few songs that I wouldn't normally think of as guitar songs.

Since I've been here on TG, I'm starting to get much better at it and I'm wondering if that's a lesson Neil wants us to learn? Should we be trying to finger out songs like that?

haoli25

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:32 am

I think you hit the nail on the head, Andy. When I was first learning to play songs, I could usually pick out a couple of chords that I recognized, three chords if I was really lucky. Then I had to pick out the melody notes around those few chords and fill in the blank or missing chords from there. That's how I did it for the longest time, but I got lazy and got away from doing that. Neil and TG has given me reason to re-focus and get back to work. I am able now to learn songs that I have always wanted to try and go back and refine songs that I learned long ago.
I only wish Neil could teach us to be as fast at it as he is.

Bill

willem

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:36 am

I think so and it is very challlenged to do that,,when i like a song and that's a piano song i was alway's wondering,, can this on guitar and then so close has....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic