Printing Scales in Different Keys

BigBear

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:56 am

Does anyone know of any resource or software that will allow printing out the varous scales, pentatonic, major, minor, blues etc. on a fretboard diagram and in varous keys?

Guitar Pro shows all the scales on a fretboard but they don't appear to be printable and I haven't been able to find any website that shows all the scales in different keys and is printable.

I'm trying to build my own resources and this would be a big help to me as a true "visual" learner!

Thanks! :cheer:

haoli25

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:29 am

Excellent question Rick. I have not seen such a program. Which only convinces me more that some of our member 'computer geniuses' should come up with a "Guitar Player Toolbox" program and make a fortune marketing it. Your idea would be a good first application to add to the toolbox. I would also like to see;

1. a stand-alone metronome

2. guitar maintenance logs.

3. scrolling lyrics application

4. file converter for GPro, PDF, etc.

I am sure others can add many more useful applications to the list.

Bill Image

AndyT

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:34 am

Sorry Folks...

I removed the link because it has links to lessons on it.
Rick, I PMed it to you.

Bill, most of whats on your list has already been done in one place or another. You just have to look around a bit.

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Try this site out, it has a lot of goodies.. The scales to chords page is useful select a key and it shows you the chords

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/index.php

BigBear

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Try this site out, it has a lot of goodies.. The scales to chords page is useful select a key and it shows you the chords

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/index.php

Chas- that is precisely the site I was looking at and wishing I could print off of. If I "Print Screen" I don't get the fretboard but I do get all the notes. If I highlight the fretboard and try to copy and paste it somewhere I get nothing.

I really wish GP would allow this. It seems simple and would be a powerful tool. :S

There are other "stand alone" programs that do scales and chords; I was hoping someone on our forum had stumbled across one that had good printing capabilities.

BigBear

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Andy did it!! Hooray!! Gold stars, pizza, beer and a foot rub for our Hawaiian friend!

I'm not convinced the site competes with TG but I'll ask Matt. It's a great resource!

Thanks Andy for your help! This is why TG is so great! No one (except maybe Yoda, I mean Neil) can know everything but everyone knows something and can share it with us all!!

I gotta go print some scales!!! :laugh:

BigBear

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:40 pm

All- I PM'd Matt and he said it was cool to post the link that Andy gave me that allows you to print out scales. So here it is:

http://www.studybass.com/tools/chord-sc ... e-printer/

All the scales, keys, and instruments you need. Even let's you customize the printout. Pretty cool in my book!

I heard an expression once, "Ask and you shall receive", not sure where (oh, yes I am!)! lol! Andy reminded me of this a few minutes ago!

Cheers! :cheer:

BigBear

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:49 pm

What a spiffy website with a fun little tool. Lol saves me from getting a scale excercise book.

Thanks for sharing!

Pranggg

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:41 pm

This is great. Thanks alot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic