AND I LOVE HER

dekotaj

Tue May 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Hello everyone,

Would like to start with a BIG shout out to Jason for his win in the competition.
Con graduation to you sir.BRAVO!!Cant tell everyone how much fun it was to be a part of this contest.And also to thank Neil and Matt for putting it together for all of us.So BRAVO to you guys also.

When I was about 16 I played at some of the local coffee houses here in town with a guy named Tommy.He was a few years older than I was.And would show me how to play the songs he wanted to do.One of the only ways to learn back then.I seen him the other day at the lumber yard.Its been over 30+ years I guess.And today was on U-Tube and seen this young man play this song Tommy and I use to do.So for the good old days thought I would give it a try again.Thanks for taking the time to watch.Enjoy your day,After this I'm off to get the yard work done.

Lavallee

Tue May 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Great story, If your yard is as good as your playing, it must be fantastic.

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi, good playing, but gotta comment on the "production" you put together here.

Very nice initiative combining videos in this way.

No need for fancy software to insert the other player, just start the other player up on the screen that is beside you. That is very efficient and low-tech.

Sometimes high-tech is overrated and unnecessary, reminds me when I first saw myself on my computer screen using my webcam, thought that was so great, but then I realized that my bathroom mirror does the same job!

Thanks for this!

Pierre

haoli25

Wed May 26, 2010 1:24 am

Great job Kevin. That was a lot of fun to watch and listen to. I do that also, but being lazy, rather than looking for a video on YouTube, I just play along with Neil Hogan's "Play Throughs". Of course he makes a few mistakes every now and then that make me sound bad, but that's okay. :laugh: :laugh:
Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

michelew

Wed May 26, 2010 3:04 am

I enjoyed your playing Kevin. Great as always. Cool idea re: the YouTube collaboration.

Yamaha48

Wed May 26, 2010 4:18 am

Hey Kevin.

The good old days my friend.
Nice to see your jamming here.
A lot off practis.
Sound verry good to my ears.
Thanks fore share my friend.

Greetz Anton

jayswett

Wed May 26, 2010 5:31 am

Watching you play this reminds me of our upcoming collaboration. I'm not at all surprised to learn that you were playing in coffee houses in your youth. I'd be more surpised if you hadn't been. Nice video.

willem

Wed May 26, 2010 7:01 am

Kevin BRAVO,,oO yeah coffee houses back then were great,today they call them coffee shops,,and they don't sell coffee..
Hope when the lesson on this comes that it will be two guitars,,you did great after 30 years,,,NOW your back hurts he,,,but hope the garden is great so we can come over to the BBQ..

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 26, 2010 7:40 am

Just beautiful Kevin! Love that song and you play your parts beautifully. Great idea to play with the video and post it.

wrench

Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

Very cool jam, Kevin. I've been noodling on that song for about six months now. The rhythm part. Then the leads. But never together. I'd say you figured out that problem quite well. I'm not surprised you played coffee houses as a teen. I am surprised I never found any of your albums at my local music store.

Great job. Thanks for jammin' with us.

Dan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic