Very Beginner

lj8576

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:48 am

Hi I am new heree and new to Guitar I am looking for the very basic lesson. Learning chords, and the other basics. Any ideas where I can find them?? Thanks

willem

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:59 am

welcome here from the Netherlands,,use the master menu button(above,,left) to find them,they are there,,,and don't be shy to ask again,,your in very good hands here,,very nice people to help...Neil hogan is the most helpfull one,,he is alway's right.he is our teacher,,and love to teach,,its in his genes..

dennisg

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:04 am

Hi,

You've come to the right place. If you go back out to the Home page, spend a couple of minutes looking at the video. It'll give you a sense of what's available on this site and why it's a great idea to sign up for the Target program. With Target, you get step by step lessons that'll take you from someone who's never played guitar before to an accomplished guitar player.

It's natural to wonder if playing guitar is something you can learn over the internet. I have to tell you, not only can it be done, it's actually far more preferable than taking in-person lessons. With an in-person lesson, you're paying 50 bucks or so for 30 minutes of instruction. With the Target program, you get the same kind of lessons for about 30 bucks PER MONTH. And you can watch the lessons as many times as you want and rewind them to view a particular instruction over again. It's a great way to learn.

You also get step-by-instructions on how to play specific songs, which is really every guitarists dream. Really, the subscription fee is a bargain.

You'll hear similar stories from several people on this site: we've learned more in the past few months as Target subscribers than we did in all the years we spent flailing around on our own.

Best of all, trying it out is totally painless. If you don't like what you see -- and that's hard to imagine! -- you can quit anytime you want with no further financial obligation.

Finally, you'll find a friendly, supportive group of people on this site from all parts of the world who are here for exactly the same reason you are. Time zones being what they are, folks are almost always around to answer a question for you. They may be in England, Holland, Australia or Wisconsin, but they've gone through the same things you're going through with the guitar. Take advantage of their knowledge.

Give it a try. If you stick with it, you'll be playing the guitar in a matter of weeks.

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:15 am

Hi welcom here.
What can i say,Dennis and Willem writing all the things what you must knowing here.
Welcome here my friend.

Greetz from the Netherland.. Anton

BigBear

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:37 am

Well said Dennis! I was going to jump in but you covered it all! I wish I had TARGET when I was brand new player. I've spent a small fortune on instructional videos and books. Not to mention cast about for decent private lessons only to pay to watch some guy impress me with his chops.

This is THE place for new players. How lucky we are! :cheer:

lj8576

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Thanks for trying to help guys. All I can find is the songs. I am not ready for that yet unfortunately thats getting ahead of myself. Believe me I wish I were there lol.

Lavallee

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 pm

In Target you can go from scratch as it shows how to hold the guitar, position for right and left hand, how to make chords, etc...

Marc

tom18

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi lj8576,
As a guest member of Totally Guitars I don't think you'll have access to the Acoustic Genius series of lessons. They range from the very basics (e.g. holding the guitar, tuning it etc.) to advanced material. This is why Dennis is right and that joining the Target program is so helpful; it's really where the majority of the site's content resides as well as lot's of other songs.
Tom

RicksPick

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi lj8576

there are lots for you to go at

http://www.totallyguitars.com/guitar-ti ... c-chords-1

If you look at the master menu,left hand side, free guitar lessons, and just below where the numbered lessons end there is a list of free stuff for beginners.

Hope this helps

RicksPick

wrench

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:07 pm

lj8576,

What Dennis said. But I really want to add in here that whatever your musical expectations are for a guitar instruction site, you can exceed them here at TG. Neil Hogan and the TARGET program are just magic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic