Need Some Help

ffsooo3

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:59 am

Kevin, If you'd like, I can slow the video down for you. If you think that might help.

AndyT

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Kevin,

First, while you were strumming, you had a nice relaxed feel to what you were doing. Good stuff man.

Second, As soon as you hit the lead, your playing style changed dramatically. You lost the relaxed feel and each note became a struggle for you. At least that is what it looked like.

I think you should take a week away from this song and when you come back to it, play ONLY the lead and don't worry if it sounds exactly right. Just get through it. Once you can play it, then begin to work it into the rest of the song with your strumming. You seem to be having trouble making a smooth transition from the strum to the lead and this should help.

Also, Tony has a good idea about the emphasis you put in your strumming, (or lack of it). Try playing beats 1 and 3 a bit stronger and see how that feels to you.

Don't stop swimming till you make the shore!

buddy

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Kevin,

I found this on Youtube and thought maybe it would help.

Bud

dekotaj

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 am

Daryl,Thank you sir,Just a couple of measure left to figure out.Dont think slowing it down is a big thing right now,But thank you.

Andy,Thank you,With just a couple of measure left.I'm going to stay at it for now.And yes, might have to take a couple of rest strokes,But I can see the shore from here.

Buddy,Thanks for the help.Happy anniversary to you and your wife,Your a lucky man 28 years with such a beautiful lady.By the way how did you do at your open mic night?I'm betting better then you think.

Thanks everybody.Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic