Need Some Help

dekotaj

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:05 am

I was hoping someone can help me with the lead part of this song.Just cant seam to find the right way to make it sound good.Thanks for any help at all.Kevin

tovo

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:39 am

Well Kevin your idea of struggling and mine are somewhat different! :-)

My impression is that all it needs is an emphasis on certain strums. I would suggest something like this (with the bold corresponding with the heavier strum):

All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey

etc etc.

Of course that is just a suggestion, not THE answer.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:29 am

Kev, I sure hope someone can help on this because its sounding great already. Thanks for showing us the song so far and I'm really interested to see how you solve this.

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:50 am

I hope you get the help you're after, Kevin. Sounding really good so far!

willem

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:28 am

Kevin,,what's the problem,,i do not see or hear it,,i think you play it well,,oke i try to listen a view times to your solo and tryed to follow you with the tab written by our Neil,,i come far but on the end i lose track,,,what i know is that the solo/lead is 15 and a half measers long,,does this help,,because i think realy you don't have a problem,,,

EDIT:I tryed to play along with your solo,just strumming the progression and i'm almost sure you master it well,your ending solo is nice to and at 1.57 just start the verse again..my opnion,,,,

ANYBODY??? JUST STRUM WITH KEVIN..

Am /Am /Am /Am /Am /Am /Am /F /C /E7 /Am /F /Esus/Esus/E7 /E7 /Am /G /F /G /Esus/Esus/E7 /E7 /Am /G /F /G /Esus/Esus/E7 /E7all the leaves are/Am brown/

the slashes are a half measer 4/4 time

ffsooo3

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:41 am

Kevin, I know what you mean about "I can't hear or see what's going on at this point - until the end". I don't have the tab (as I'm not a TARGET member) but maybe this YT video will help you get a few more pieces.....good luck. And as a side suggestion, try recording the backing rhythm of the solo part first and then play the lead over that (it always sounds better that way).

Lavallee

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:54 am

Hi Kevin, is it because the tabs in the lesson are not correct? I just had the Guitar Pro file of the lead (there is a PDF too)playing at the same time as you and the rest of the lead section seems to be there.

Marc

willem

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:07 am

willem wrote:
Kevin,,what's the problem,,i do not see or hear it,,i think you play it well,,oke i try to listen a view times to your solo and tryed to follow you with the tab written by our Neil,,i come far but on the end i lose track,,,what i know is that the solo/lead is 15 and a half measers long,,does this help,,because i think realy you don't have a problem,,,

EDIT:I tryed to play along with your solo,just strumming the progression and i'm almost sure you master it well,your ending solo is nice to and at 1.57 just start the verse again..my opnion,,,,

ANYBODY??? JUST STRUM WITH KEVIN..

Am /Am /Am /Am /Am /Am /Am /F /C /E7 /Am /F /Esus/Esus/E7 /E7 /Am /G /F /G /Esus/Esus/E7 /E7 /Am /G /F /G /Esus/Esus/E7 /E7 all the leaves are/Am brown/
WE LEARN ALL OF IT..THE SLASHES ARE A HALF MEASER 4/4 TIME

willem

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:16 am

Hey Kevin,,can you play along your solo with my progression,,,don't look at the beginning :blush: i messed up first,,it starts at .010 vid time,, then it went better(i think)

dekotaj

Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:53 am

Tony,Thanks my friend,And if I ever get this lead part figured out I'll give that a try.

Chris,Ya kind of interested my self,After a couple of weeks on this song I would like to move it a long.Thanks

Thanks Al.Me too

Willem.Thank you,Very nice of you to do all of that.Im going to have to get the lead part learned before I can get the timing to play along.But THANK YOU!

ffsooo3,Thanks for under standing.And this could be the help I was looking for.I'll see if I can work it out with this video.Thank you.

Marc.NO NO,I'm sure the tab is right.I just cant get it to sound right by playing what i see on the paper,Thats in no way saying the the tab is wrong.Whats wrong,is with my guitar playing and my lack of tab reading.Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic