Jim Croce These Dreams

ffsooo3

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:15 am

Very nicely played.

Like others have said, I too have a hard time using a thumb pick. Either I miss the bass notes completely, play the bass notes too loudly, or I play the higher strings too lightly. What thumb pick do you use? What 'guage'? And how far does the actual picking part of the thumb pick extend beyond the edge of your thumb? The one I try to use extends a quarter inch from my thumb.

willem

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:27 am

ffsooo3 wrote:
Very nicely played.

Like others have said, I too have a hard time using a thumb pick. Either I miss the bass notes completely, play the bass notes too loudly, or I play the higher strings too lightly. What thumb pick do you use? What 'guage'? And how far does the actual picking part of the thumb pick extend beyond the edge of your thumb? The one I try to use extends a quarter inch from my thumb.

After Kevin's upload i tryed the thumb pick again,,its a big one,call's POP heavy"',,i was happy becouse i maneged a bit more and discoverd to angle it a bit more,,like you do with plectrum strumming. angle maybe like this slash \ (more less)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:32 am

Just a great job again Kev. It's a real pleasure listening to you play... and I love Jim Croce so many thanks for posting!

Music Junkie

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:32 am

Kevin:

Solid fingerpicking yet agian..... B) I always enjoy these JC songs too. My wife is a huge fan and started to hum the melody while I was listening to your clip this morning. She did not realize it was a TG student playing. She was also very impressed. Like the other have mentioned, your chord changes are so smooth and the picking sounds out very well.

On a side note, I have been working on "Age", and the picking pattern is giving me a bit of trouble. Why don't you just shoot a quick video for me and show me how it's REALLY done...... :) :)

Thanks for sharing your work with us again, I always enjoy your stuff.

Jason

ceaser67

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Not much ta say that the others have not,great job and very easy listening
Tommy

cosmicmechanic

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Music that can soothe the savage beast!

Wonderful, Kevin.

dekotaj

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:54 am

Marc,Tombo,Tommy and Pierre thank guys for the kind words and for taking time to watch.

Hey Jay,I've seen you play.I don't think using a thumb pick would take you very long to get use to.Thank for the nice words.

Tony,Thats what I'm talking about.Just trying to let people hear the man and his songs.Thanks You Sir.

Bill,Thank you very much.And I'm looking forward someday to hearing you play!

Lueders,Very kind of you.Thank you Sir.

Michelew,Thank you very much.And as always looking forward to your next song.Good luck with those Barre chords.Some kind be a real pain.

Willem,Thank for the kind words.And for making my day with them.Good luck to you friend and his playing.

Chris,Thanks my friend.Very kind of you.Looking forward to you next song.Hope you and Miss Ale can do another one soon.

ffsooo3,Thank you,Let me say how much I enjoy watching you play.Always great stuff.Thank you.Not sure what gauge it is or what kind it is.I stopped at the closest guitar store one day to pick up some new ones.And these were the only ones he had.Sorry not a lot of help.

Ken,Thank you Sir,I use a Kodak Zi8,Like Dennis,Al,Suzie and other on the site do,I'm not to sure about the others.But I don't add any external mics.I'm hoping to get that part done someday.Someday when I learn how to sing.Well that might take awhile.

Jason and Wife,Thank you guys for the kind words.Even tho Ages is on my list sorry to say not there yet.I would have to go back and listen,I think It starts out picking and kind of move into a strumming pattern.But what a great song.Maybe when you get it done you and your wife can do it together.Would love to see it.Good luck.

Kevin

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Great way to end my day.

Excellent picking, Kevin. Thanks for uploading.

buddy

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:57 pm

Kevin,

I almost missed this post an dafter hearing it I am glad that I caught it. This was really great and I enjoyed it very much. As others have said, you are a very talented player and your finger picking is very good.

Bud

dekotaj

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 am

Al,Bud,Thanks guys for taking the time to watch and respond.I guess one is never really sure when he(or her)learns a song if it comes out as nice as one hopes.So the responses I get here helps me to believe my playing is going in the right direction.Thanks again.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic