How TGers Use the "Composing" topic

TGMatt

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 pm

It takes a while to get familiar with how this TG site is organized, and where and how to post to the appropriate areas. I've noticed that there is not too much going on in this area. I am willing to bet there are a lot of people that not only want to learn guitar but also have a desire to write/record/arrange covers or original songs. Am I right about that? I hope so, because it is another area of musical interest to me.

I have a lot of songs, musical ideas, sketches, half finished/half baked things that I'd like help either finishing or developing, or finding lyrics etc. A place for collaboration. Is this the place for that? I don't think YouTube uploads is the best way to work on these things. I am thinking MP3 files, or WAV files.

I am interested to hear what people are thinking in this regard.

Wally

AndyT

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Wally,
I don't know if this is the place for it, but its a great idea. I often re-write lyrics to popular songs to fit a new meaning.

TGMatt

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:05 pm

webostick wrote:
It takes a while to get familiar with how this TG site is organized, and where and how to post to the appropriate areas. I've noticed that there is not too much going on in this area. I am willing to bet there are a lot of people that not only want to learn guitar but also have a desire to write/record/arrange covers or original songs. Am I right about that? I hope so, because it is another area of musical interest to me.

I have a lot of songs, musical ideas, sketches, half finished/half baked things that I'd like help either finishing or developing, or finding lyrics etc. A place for collaboration. Is this the place for that? I don't think YouTube uploads is the best way to work on these things. I am thinking MP3 files, or WAV files.

I am interested to hear what people are thinking in this regard.

Wally

The forum is about to be restructured finally after a million threats to do so...

In the new one will be a section for collaborations...

Eventually (being in less than 2 months) we would like to create a more virtual collaboration portal...shhhhh

So for now if you want to use this till next week, and then the new forum category will be ready

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic