Dan Fogelberg/Changing Horses

dekotaj

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:01 am

Dennis,
Thank you so very much.You got this in while I was typing.Took about and hour to type all that.Envious of my playing?I can only respond to that by say how envious I am of you playing and singing.You told Michele once it was worth the monthly membership just to watch her play.let me say I feel the same way about watching your playing.

Thank you and best wishes to you and Jamie In 2011,And Miss Shelby.

Kevin

Music Junkie

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Kevin:

Great old song by Dan! Wasn't it off of his "Souvenirs" album? Anyway, That was not on my list of Fogleberg songs to learn, but it is now..... B) I have wanted to learn "Longer", "Leader of the Band", "Comes and Goes" and "The Innocent Age", but have not had the time to get to any of them yet (although I do have a solid tab for Longer).

As always, your picking is stellar. Love the way you look so comfortable while doing so...... B) B) B)

As for your barter, I'll go vote for your song, if you learn "Age" by Jim Croce and play it here for me..... :woohoo: :woohoo: I have been tabbing it out and am getting close, but it is taking me FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes for the new year, and thanks again for sharing that great old song with us.

Cheers!

Jason

BigBear

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Kevin that's some damned fine fingerpicking!! Well done!

I have 90 Fogelberg songs on my iPod and that ain't one of them! What album is that off of? Really a cool tune but apparently I don't have it.

Anyway, just outstanding picking. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:58 am

Hey Kev, I was so chuffed (pleased) to see you post a Dan Fogelberg song and as I didn't know it I looked it up on the tube and found the clip below which is even more interesting as Dan shows some of his amazing guitars. Check it out folks!

MJ: Glad to here you are playing some of Dan's songs. You need to post some time ;-). I'm playing a few from the Innocent Age album: Lost in the sun, Times Like these as well as Sand in the Foam and The Reach. I'm also piecing Nexus together which is tantalizing slow going but it's a big ambition of mine to play that killer song one day (I posted a thread on it earlier).

Bear my friend, I'm envious of that DF collection!

dekotaj

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:57 am

Jason,
Yes it's off the Souvenirs album.I have a friend who love Dan music,And he dose Longer.I 'm not real sure I have to ask him next time I go over but I think the song is done in open G tuning.But what a beautiful song.I have some other songs in the hopper right now.But hope to learn ages someday.Would love to see you post what you got on it.

Rick,
Thank you,It's off the souvenirs album.Hope to see you posting more in2011.

Thanks again Chris,
That was great stuff.

willem

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:35 am

Which page on the reccomend a lesson is ''dream a litlle dream''?

tombo1230

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Wauw Kevin!

Gosh I'm late to the party again, just missed this one, since there have been so many uploads! :huh:

But gee, gréat work, BRAVO!!!!!! I enjoyed it very much and also to see you this close and you talking to us, made me laugh as well when you started you're bargain-thing! :P

Anyways, am looking forward to your next vid and hopefully you'll be doing much better now!

Cheers

Ness..

dekotaj

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 am

Willem,
Not sure what page.I just search of the song I'm looking for in the search box.And thanks for voting.

Ness,

Thank you for the kind response.It's been a real pleasure to watch your post.What a fantastic performer!!And yes feeling better today.Thank you.

Kevin

d_dog

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Bang up job Dekotaj! I wasn't familiar with this song till now, great tune. Great job!

dekotaj

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 am

Hey Dog,(as Randy Jackson would say),

Thank you for taking time to watch and respond.I SURE hope we get more post from you this year.I'm a big fan of the D-Dogs playing and singing.Best to you and your loved one in 2011.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic