Dan Fogelberg/Changing Horses

dekotaj

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Sorry about the cold.Maybe I should have waited till I got over it.After recording this I see I ran through the verses way to fast.But not going to record it again right now.got to go watch football and rest some.Sorry again.Thanks for taking time to watch.

Happy New Year!!

Kevin

ffsooo3

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Very nice. I don't know the song but your playing was VERY smooth. Especially the pretty "lick" in the beginning and in the middle of the song. You looked very comfortable playing (even with your head cold). I assume there are lyrics to this song. Maybe a phantom will visit you! Question: is there a reason you didn't put this post under the "Busking with TG" category?

Craig

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Kevin,
That was great! I'm not familiar with the song but it sounded wonderful! I thought it was very clean. Well done, way to start off the new year!
Craig
P.S. sorry about the Longhorns this year :( ... hopefully TCU helped! :laugh:

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Kevin, I really enjoyed this. I'm sure I could learn a lot from replaying this video many times (it's already been a couple).

I looked up some Dan Fogelberg video on YouTube. At first glance he reminds me of one of my favorite local acoustic guitar heroes who for commercial reasons often gets into playing arrangements that are kind of heavy and syrupy. It's only when these type of guys are alone with a guitar that they can do their stuff, and "Changing Horses" is one of those tunes for Fogelberg.

Maybe your wife gave you a cold so you would stay in and play guitar for her ?

Oh, and that is one TEXAS-SIZE CUP of tea !

Thanks for this,
Pierre

slinger

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Ouch!! I felt your Pain, when you bumped your guitar at the beginning.
...I hate when that happens, grrrr!!

I enjoyed your playing very much,
...nice song by an Illinois boy whose gifts live on.

Please Point me in the right direction to start fingerstyle playing.
I'm just a strummer wanting to notch it up.

michelew

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Kevin,

Thanks for giving me a great start to my morning. I really enjoyed that. You've put a smile on my face. Your playing is absolutely gorgeous as always. You're a role model for me.

Sorry you're feeling so lousy. Maybe Lisa just wants to keep you closer for a few days.

I'm off to vote.

BTW -read your wall my friend.

I loved it.

Michele

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Excellent picking my friend, nothing like a bit of Dan Fogelberg. I don't play this one but I reckon I need to learn it now, thanks Kevin. Hope you get rid of that cold soon.

Oh and you've got my vote

tombo1230

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Kevin,
loved your playing that was excellent, really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing,
Off to vote now.

Cheers,

Tom N.

wammer

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Kevin
Happy New Year to you to,too,two,or 2 ?????????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was really great. You are welcome to drop by my cottage anytime to jam around the fire

Tammy

tovo

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Kevin, man your playing is so smooth and you are at a standard I aspire to be at and feel a long way short of. That's OK, the journey is the important thing and I need great players like you to show me the way.

That was, as usual, just beautiful and smooth. Thanks so much for putting it up.

I'm off to vote for your tune.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic