Dan Fogelberg/Changing Horses

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Great job Kev! Dan is one of my favourite artists and I really miss the man, died 3 years ago last month. It's a pleasure listening to you play every time. I don't know that song but I'll have a chat with the Phantom to see if he's up to it later in the week... maybe!
Happy New Year to you too!

PS: I'll be voting for dream a Little Dream .. of my own free will as I think it would be a great lesson. :-)

Lavallee

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Very impressive again, Kevin, your playing is so smooth. All the notes are always clear, which I hope to do eventually. You are a good example to follow.

Marc

haoli25

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:58 pm

That's a tricky little song, Kevin. Your playing was excellent. I hope you are feeling better soon. Put a little honey, lemon, and Crown Royal in that tea and you will feel better in no time. :) Thanks for posting your video. We could use a few more Fogelberg songs on the site. I'm off to vote.

Bill Image

millponddave

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Nice job, I have always liked Dan Fogelberg. Now I'm going have to check out some of his stuff to play, although I can't fingerpick at all.

Dave

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Kevin,

That was just great! Smooth, clean, even playing. I don't know the song- but none of it seemed rushed to me.
I also liked your intro and extro.

I bet your lesson request gets a huge boost from this too!

AndyT

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:12 am

Voted, but can't think of one right now.

willem

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:53 am

Kevin,happy new year,,i must thank you!!! for the inspire's on Croce songs,,,well i certain vote for your litlle dream its my favorite too,,maybe i did but i check,,maybe you vote on ''michelle'' by the beatles..

hope you feelin better now,, you changed coffee for thee now in the morning???

MarkM

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 am

As always Kevin, I really enjoyed your video. I couldn't see a thing wrong with this. Really, really nice job with this one. It's been too long since you've posted last. You've got my vote. I'll go do it now. Take care and get over the cold.

MarkM

dennisg

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 am

Absolutely, positively, unequivocally fantastic, Kevin. You make that very difficult song look easy == in fact, you looked like you owned it. Congratulations on a terrific job. The highest compliment I can give you is to say that I'm extremely envious of your ability.

dekotaj

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:50 am

ffsooo3,
Thank you.Yes sir there are lyrics to the song.And I would post them,but have the same problem posting them as trying to post to the busking threads.I'm to dumb to figure it out.I looked at the how to video but I cant find were to high lite were he shows.I don't think it would work anyway.I tried to do the student review thing again.And Firefox will time out on me our it will not take them.So stuck doing it like this until I can figure it out.

Craig,
Thank you.Glad you like it.Yes not a good year for the longhorns.That's OK my Bears are in the playoffs.If we don't play better than yesterday,Will be a quick end to there run for the Superbowl.

Pierre,
Thanks you for the kind words.May be you could do a song with your friend and share it with us.Would love to see post again.Been awhile my friend.Yep it a big cup,saves me from having to go refill it as many times.Only takes three to finish off a pot.

slinger,
Thank you.This Illinois boy sure wishes it was a bit warmer around here.Think I need to retire and do the Florida thing for the winters.

Michele.
My lovely lady.Thank you so much.I'm not to sure about the keeping me closer thing.I keep trying to snuggle up and give her back her gift,But she says no re-gifting.Whats a guy to do.Thank you Friend.

Chas,
Yes I hope to get over it soon myself.Like I was telling Michele,I keep trying to give it away but can't find any takers.When you get the song done post it would love to see you playing and posting again soon.And was happy to vote for your song,It's a great song.

Hey Tom N.,
Thank you sir.If there's a song I can repay you with Please let me know.Hope to see you posting songs for us in 2011.

Tammy,
Thank you very much.Thank you for the P.M.that's was very nice of you.Trust me if I'm ever in your neck of the wood it would be a privilege to set in for a song or two.Best to you in 2011.

Tony,my big green friend,
Thank you.And if you ever do make it to the States and can find Northern Illinois.Stop in and we can grill out and wash down a couple of Beers.Don't have to worry about bring a guitar you can use one of mine.None as nice as you Taylor but we can work something out.

Chris,
Best wises to you and Miss Ale in 2011.Really enjoyed watching your visit with Mark and all the songs you two did.It would be great to have you sing along with anything I post.I have a bad habit of cutting verses short when I'm playing seeing I don't sing them.But by all means if it's all there,I can't even come close to singing a Fogelberg song.I learned this song to motivate a friend of my who plays guitar.He a big Fogelberg fan,and gets burnt out every once in awhile.So I did this song for him and now looks like I'm going to do anther one called( Song from half mountain)so we can do both parts.

Marc,
Thank you.I enjoy watching you play and sing.Really enjoyed your Beatles song.(Come Together)It was great.

Bill,
Got the honey and the Crown, little short on the lemon.But sounds like a damn good Ideal.Thank you sir.

Dave,
Thank you sir.Some great strumming songs by Dan till you get the finger picking going.Maybe( Part Of the Plan).

Al,Thank you sir.Love all the songs you been doing.Turned me on to some great bands.Best to you and your family in 2011.

Andy,
Thank you.And if one comes up let me know.So i can return the vote.

willem,
Thanks my friend.All ready voted on that one so if you have another let me know.No never been a coffee drinker.Been doing Hot Tea forever.Grandma us to give us it in are baby bottles.

Mark,
Thank for the vote,Let me know it i can return the favor.Best wishes to you and your in 2011.

Thanks everyone.
Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic