Can a UK cellist and an Australian folk-rocker find their muse around Oz?

BobR

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Michele,

The music and the idea is great and your country sure has some spectacular scenery.

Thanks for sharing these

Bob

lueders

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Michelle, thanks for posting this! Really enjoyed it a lot. Very, very cool...

Lavallee

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi Michele, thanks for posting those 2 videos. It is really inspiring to see people collaborating when music is the common link. It can only produce good stuff.

You definitely live in a beautiful country that I will visit one of these days.

Marc

michelew

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the videos. I also LOVE the sound of the cello and the guitar together.

Tommy - if you win Lotto I'd be up for the challenge of writing a verse. Good luck. I purchased a Lotto ticket this week myself.

Nessa- it's about time you decided to learn another instrument. You've obviously been such a slacker (lazy) in that department to date. But, bear in mind when you start your one-woman orchestra you'll need woodwinds and brass too. I'm sure you've got the wind for it. :P

I'd be thrilled to give you a tour of Sydney's beaches and parks for your guitar-jam crawl. In fact, my favorite beach, Bronte, has both (sand and grass and shade too so you don't turn into a lobster, especially with your Dutchie sun-resistance).

Good luck with Spring. I hope it arrives in earnest for you soon.

nesh16041972 wrote:
Wáuw, now that was indeed spectacular!

I really lóved the guitar and the cello, and the song that they came up with! And you know how I feel about the guitar, but I find the cello a great instrument, one day I'll learn how to play it! :cheer:

Well you do live in a great part of the world! And that's exáctly what I mean when I see Brad's naked shoulders all the time when he posts a video :P , makes me wanna come over, hang around the beach or park or whatever and just play all day!

Anyway, thanks for sharing, but I'd definitely like a reminder that I live in a great country as well.... Well spring will start soon, so hopefully I will! ;)

Nessa

Fred

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Well besides giving me a tour (Bront will be fine btw!) you have to jóin me on this guitar-jam crawl! :P

My dutchie sun-resistance? You're forgetting I'm just half dutch, my other half can deal with the sun pretty well, haha! :cheer:

michelew wrote:
I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the videos. I also LOVE the sound of the cello and the guitar together.

Nessa- it's about time you decided to learn another instrument. You've obviously been such a slacker (lazy) in that department to date. But, bear in mind when you start your one-woman orchestra you'll need woodwinds and brass too. I'm sure you've got the wind for it. :P

I'd be thrilled to give you a tour of Sydney's beaches and parks for your guitar-jam crawl. In fact, my favorite beach, Bront,e has both (sand and grass and shade too so you don't turn into a lobster, especially with your Dutchie sun-resistance).

Good luck with Spring. I hope it arrives in earnest for you soon.

nesh16041972 wrote:
Wáuw, now that was indeed spectacular!

I really lóved the guitar and the cello, and the song that they came up with! And you know how I feel about the guitar, but I find the cello a great instrument, one day I'll learn how to play it! :cheer:

Well you do live in a great part of the world! And that's exáctly what I mean when I see Brad's naked shoulders all the time when he posts a video :P , makes me wanna come over, hang around the beach or park or whatever and just play all day!

Anyway, thanks for sharing, but I'd definitely like a reminder that I live in a great country as well.... Well spring will start soon, so hopefully I will! ;)

Nessa

michelew

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Nessa - Well put it to the test and we'll see. I hope you look good in pink.

And of course!

nesh16041972 wrote:
Well besides giving me a tour (Bront will be fine btw!) you have to jóin me on this guitar-jam crawl! :P

My dutchie sun-resistance? You're forgetting I'm just half dutch, my other half can deal with the sun pretty well, haha! :cheer:

(Disclaimer: sun-resistance - no such thing - and the sun is extra vicious down under regardless of your skin type).

willem

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeah, yeah yeah, I know about sun-resistance! ;)

Pink, me? :dry: :laugh:

michelew wrote:
Nessa - Well put it to the test and we'll see. I hope you look good in pink.

And of course!

nesh16041972 wrote:

(Disclaimer: sun-resistance - no such thing - and the sun is extra vicious down under regardless of your skin type).

rapsidy

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Cant believe i have just found this, what an awesome vid thanks shell :) i like ness really enjoyed the first one and really loved that catchy little tune they came up with, especially when it is in my own back yard. Rockingham is only 20 mins from where i live and i serve that area in my work and well mum was born and lived in kalgoolie. And Ness where the dolphins are you are correct that is why i wear the singlet for nearly nine months of the year B) your welcome to come visit and i will show you around :)

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey did they steal the concept of collaborations from TG? Wasn't that just fantastic, the music the music and the music oh I suppose the scenery was nice too even for Oz lol. Seriously very well done I need to check up more of these. Shel you are right about the Northern hemispheres not understanding how fierce our sun can be due to the hole in the ozone, you get sunburnt here even when its not sunny!

tovo

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Very nice. Enjoyed them both and liked seeing a little bit of Adelaide in there as well. No doubt that Sydney Harbour is one of the most spectacular sights in the World. I just loved the positive vibe of the collaborators and how they just came together and shared their love of music. It's a beautiful way to meet a new friend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic