The TwoCat "Q (and hopefully) A" Thread

sws626

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm sure you can scan a measure for discussion under "fair use." But Michele has already given you the right answer to your question. The first time you see "Rhy. Fig. 1, it is probably in boldface just above the treble clef at the beginning of a measure. Read through until you find "End Rhy. Fig. 1" and probably a double vertical line marking the end of the section. That's a section that will be referenced later in the music. This is very common where there are multiple guitar parts. One guitar will be given first. Then, later, and often in a solo section, the musical notation will just provide the solo or the second guitar part. The first guitar plays the "Fig." that was given earlier over this passage. Does that make sense?

Music Junkie

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 pm

twocat wrote:
Thanks!

All of this has been most helpful. michelew seems to have a good explanation, so I'll look at it from that angle.

No, it is not in Target.

Can I scan and post the first page without violating copyright laws?

TwoCat
I would ask Matt before doing so. My guess is they would rather you didn't. I thought you might be able to capture a small piece without posting the whole thing to show what you mean. I am thinking that Michele's response is on target though.

MJ

sbutler

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:46 pm

OK, no posting of music........

Thanks to all. I have it now.

Sam

willem

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 am

i AM NOT THE MOST COMPUTER FREAK MYSELF BUT DID DISCOVER A LOT BY DOING,DOING,DOING(sounds like ''ringin throughout''),,,what i mean is!!! YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN PROFILE HERE LIKE A SOCIAL PAGE,,

willem

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:24 pm

willem

I have tried repeatedly to make a profile page. I put in my birthday and--poof--it's gone when I check back.

For a retired person, I am quite busy! My time at the guitar, computer or weed eater is limited.

I am currently exploring GP6 as someone advised.

Will soon become a full-fledged Target member depending on the IRS. Well, that was TMI!

By the way...........

When Target is spelled this way: T.A.R.G.E.T.-------is that an acronym for something else? Is there a prize if I guess it correctly.

I'm pretty sharp for the condition I'm in. :dry:

Samster

willem

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:43 pm

ahahaha SAM/STER,, YOU MUST USE THE APLLICATION BUTTON TO CREATE A WALL,,WHEN YOU HAVE DONE THAT JUST SCROLL DONE AND WE ARE COMING WITH OUR GRAFFITTI...GIVE A YELL

tombo1230

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:51 pm

twocat wrote:
willem

When Target is spelled this way: T.A.R.G.E.T.-------is that an acronym for something else? Is there a prize if I guess it correctly.

Samster
Correct, it is an acronym. Maybe one of the founding members will tell you what it means :) I'm guessing the g is for guitar! :blink:

Tom N.

willem

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:08 am

tombo1230 wrote:
twocat wrote:
willem

Samster
Correct, it is an acronym. Maybe one of the founding members will tell you what it means :) I'm guessing the g is for guitar! :blink:

Tom N.

and the T for Totally??? i forgot,so you are in the running for the prize.. :P

tombo1230

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:26 am

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
twocat wrote:
willem

Samster

Tom N.

and the T for Totally??? i forgot,so you are in the running for the prize.. :P
Who's got the rest of it? :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:27 am

Well coincedently I bumped into a testimonial by Dan (Wrench) a couple of days ago on the TotallyAcousticNews-channel and finally I learned that it is a acronym indeed and what it stands for, haha! All this time (well it's not that long) I thought......uh....well never mind.... :S

'Totally Acoustic Rapid Guitar Excellence Training'

I'm happy we call it just Target! ;)

Cheers!

twocat wrote:
willem

I have tried repeatedly to make a profile page. I put in my birthday and--poof--it's gone when I check back.

For a retired person, I am quite busy! My time at the guitar, computer or weed eater is limited.

I am currently exploring GP6 as someone advised.

Will soon become a full-fledged Target member depending on the IRS. Well, that was TMI!

By the way...........

I'm pretty sharp for the condition I'm in. :dry:

Samster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic