With which chord do you have the most trouble getting sound of it???

willem

Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 am

for me it is the Fm7 capo'd on the fifth fret,,,soo muted,,i don't know if i get it any better,,i try to losing up the barre finger,,i try to hit it hard,,i try to focus first on the bass and then make some better presser on the treble strings,,still not happy with it...

Oh this chord is happen in ''MICHELLE''.

sws626

Tue May 10, 2011 7:56 am

Hi Willem,

Do you mean an Fm7 shape played on the 6th fret when you have a capo on the 5th -- so sounding A#m7? Is the capo getting in your way -- I mean, do you have the same problem with that chord on that fret when there's no capo on the 5th? I'm having that problem with a B7 shape right above the capo and have switched to a narrower capo pushed all the way up to almost touching the 4th fret to give my big fingers more room.

-Stuart

willem

Tue May 10, 2011 8:16 am

sws626 wrote:
Hi Willem,

Do you mean an Fm7 shape played on the 6th fret when you have a capo on the 5th -- so sounding A#m7? Is the capo getting in your way -- I mean, do you have the same problem with that chord on that fret when there's no capo on the 5th? I'm having that problem with a B7 shape right above the capo and have switched to a narrower capo pushed all the way up to almost touching the 4th fret to give my big fingers more room.

-Stuart

You are right abaut that chord,,it is not the capo in the way,,it is just that muted sound..

sws626

Tue May 10, 2011 8:21 am

I'm assuming you don't have this problem when playing the same shape on the 1st fret without a capo. I would have thought it was actually easier to get a good at the 6th fret than at the first, so I'm wondering whether you might need to make an adjustment to your neck relief. What do you hear when you put the capo at the 6th fret and play all open strings? Are they ringing out clear or are you getting any fret buzz or muting? What about with the capo at 7 and 8, where your second and third fingers would be?

-Stuart

sws626

Tue May 10, 2011 8:23 am

But to answer your original question, the hardest chords for me at the moment are any that require playing with the thumb covering the 6th string. I'm not really working on this now, but whenever I have (as, for example, in Damien Rice's "Delicate") I have eventually given up.

-Stuart

Music Junkie

Tue May 10, 2011 8:38 am

For me it used to be the B Chord. It has gotten so much better, but it is still not perfect. Others that still trouble me are the small shaped F, E/G#. The small F shape has always given me fits, cause I cant barre with the last joint of my finger and still get my other fingers rounded out enough to fret the lower notes. E/G# will sound fine when I play it, but I just cannot get to it fast enough to play through it in a song. I am thoroughly convinced that this chord is the reason the capo was invented.... :laugh:

To play an F shape chord by wrapping the thumb over the top just does not work for me yet either. I have about 80% of a Whitesnake song called "Til the Day I die" finished up, but there is one place where an F is played then slid up to a G (both in the shape mentioned above) and it just kills the song for me. I play it with a full bar sometimes and it is not bad, but not quote the same either. Like anything else, with some work it will get there though.

J

willem

Tue May 10, 2011 10:17 am

sws626 wrote:
I'm assuming you don't have this problem when playing the same shape on the 1st fret without a capo. I would have thought it was actually easier to get a good at the 6th fret than at the first, so I'm wondering whether you might need to make an adjustment to your neck relief. What do you hear when you put the capo at the 6th fret and play all open strings? Are they ringing out clear or are you getting any fret buzz or muting? What about with the capo at 7 and 8, where your second and third fingers would be?

-Stuart
Stuart, what a great idea to put the capo on the 6 fret and make the chord with the other two fingers,,now i know its not my guitar but it is my barre finger and now i know how it must sound,,really great,, i think i have a long way to get there,,but i hope,, ''michelle'' is huge favorite ...so i keep trying......first i thought,,should i ask, i am glad i did..thanks

willem

Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm

How can one chord kill you...

RicksPick

Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi Willem
My answer is, all of them pesky chords
When trying to play my 12 string

Or the little F like MJ, as not used it much.

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic