RE: MEGA COLLOBERATION

wammer

Wed May 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi Everyone
Thought I would give a little insight as to how our MEGA COLLOBERATION all stook place

So it starts again with me and my ideas....I had been Site surfing (this was before I took another job on lol) and was playing on the community map seeing who lived where. I started google mapping to check distances and the light bulb went off.
First things first I pasted it by my husband to see what he thought of the idea...was it a wierd or crazy idea to have....He gave me the go ahead to check in with Al to see what he thought of the idea ....... Als Reply: Not a crazy idea. Would be tough to organize though. Schedules, where to stay, where to play etc.
But not a crazy idea. And so began over 3 months of planning..

Al started a meeting place on windows live that we could all check in anytime and kept a running note pad. I put the bug in everyones ear and they all took the bull by the horns and we ended up having an Awesome weekend. We picked a central location so all would have the same distance to drive....which ended up being apprx. 6 hrs
We wish you all could have been there but figured we couldnt let it get to big as we had no idea how it would all go. So now I will let you know the few things that I learnt over the course of the weekend.

1. MarkM is really really tall.....think he said 6.2 or 3 and may have a touch of A.D.D. as one note played on a guitar would send him into yet another song hahahahahhahahaha

2. Tvarga was in a lot of pain, he has back issues ,just new the last couple of weeks. (but never complained)

3. BobR has an accent......every so often...LOL and now has the know how to open a beer without and opener

4. Marc is the KEY MASTER and can semi function on little to no sleep

5. Peirre is only shy and quite the first day you meet him...LOL

6. Al really is a gadjet guy and can get lost even with a GPS.........LMAO

All kidding aside..........It really was a great weekend......great people....great music.....great times....Im pretty sure we all grew as players......And Im so glad we all took the oppurtunity

Im just as interested in the videos as you all might be......Im kidda worried too......I really dont like my voice when i hear it recorded and Al kept refering to me as their lead singer.......but im pretty sure that it may have something to do with me having no voice for the 6 hr drive back home LMAO

Thanks for reading
take care
Tammy

tovo

Wed May 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice summary Tammy. Obviously one of the lads is going to have to sum up your personality as well! I think a lot of people here on TG aren't real confident with their voice despite a lot of positive feedback, but I'll say again yours sounds great.

I think this whole mega-collaboration highlights the strength of the TG community. One person has an idea and before too long others are jumping on board to make that idea a reality. It's very cool.

Like everyone else I look forward to the videos. Some of my favourite TGers are in that group of yours.

willem

Thu May 19, 2011 5:00 am

Thanks Tammy for your summary,,,i am so happy for you all 'cos i know this kind of meetings are super,,

Tammy you were looking great(the bleu is good on you),,i bet you do gym!!!lol...Oh don't worry about your voice...well i enjoy and can't wait for the vids...

Music Junkie

Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 am

tovo wrote:
Nice summary Tammy. Obviously one of the lads is going to have to sum up your personality as well! I think a lot of people here on TG aren't real confident with their voice despite a lot of positive feedback, but I'll say again yours sounds great.

I think this whole mega-collaboration highlights the strength of the TG community. One person has an idea and before too long others are jumping on board to make that idea a reality. It's very cool.

Like everyone else I look forward to the videos. Some of my favourite TGers are in that group of yours.
Ditto!

This just flat would not have happened without this wonderful site. Gotta love it. I have a feeling that this won't be the last of this sort of thing.... :)

J

haoli25

Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 am

Music Junkie wrote:
This just flat would not have happened without this wonderful site. Gotta love it. I have a feeling that this won't be the last of this sort of thing.... :)

J

Jason, I am already waiting for the first "TG FlashMob" performance. :)

Bill

cosmicmechanic

Thu May 19, 2011 5:59 pm

tovo wrote:
Nice summary Tammy. Obviously one of the lads is going to have to sum up your personality as well! ...
I think I'll chance it, even though I haven't spent 12 hours in a car round-trip with her (as AcousticAl has).

Tammy's a rock ... grounded, dependable but also with an adventurous streak,
because no regular boring rock would have played such a creative and important part in this smashing weekend.
So, she's a rock ... that rolls ? :P

Maybe though, with time, she will agree that a computer is not broken just because the display is in a language other than english !

Pierre

PS: Tammy have no fear about your voice, it's real gold ! But I share the feeling for sure ... I dunno what to expect :blink:

Lavallee

Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Besides her great voice, the banner she had made up, and all around enthusiasm, Tammy had this printer. There was always something to be changed on the music sheet (partition for Bob :) ), or we did not have the sheet for the songs that were originally selected, she went almost through a full pack of photocopy sheet. It did really help to have the songs organized.

I sent an E-mail to everybody suggesting to bring a small amplifier for those who wanted to sing. Tammy replied that she did not needed it. It is amazing how a small woman can have such a powerful voice always in tone. 7 guitars at the same time and she effortlessly sang over the guitars. She is a great performer, you will appreciate in the videos.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu May 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Jason, I am already waiting for the first "TG FlashMob" performance.
...er Bill, you mean spontaneously whipping our guitars out from under our coats at an agreed time and place.... without getting arrested?

tovo

Thu May 19, 2011 6:40 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Jason, I am already waiting for the first "TG FlashMob" performance.
...er Bill, you mean spontaneously whipping our guitars out from under our coats at an agreed time and place.... without getting arrested?
I'm happy to whip mine out anywhere. Can't guarantee it will be in tune though.

BobR

Thu May 19, 2011 7:14 pm

I would just like to say that Tammy was there for everyone. She doesn't make coffee though just a lot of copies :laugh: (Must be my accent :P ) She has a lot of talents beside the guitar and singing, Why she can wrestle an exploding beer in no time. :silly:

All kidding aside, Tammy is a great person. Thanks for being you.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic