Jim Croce(New Yorks Not My Home)

skaladar

Wed May 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Very nicely done Kevin! I loved the slides and runs and bends … all played so smoothly. The thumbpick really helps bring out the bass notes too. Excellent job … a pleasure to listen to.

♫ Ken ♫

rdaltry

Wed May 25, 2011 6:33 pm

nicely done! what guitar is that? beautiful axe!

AcousticAl

Wed May 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Looks (and sounds) like a Martin, methinks! :cheer:

Kev- that was just great! So smooth, on what looks like a pretty tough piece.

I'm a Croce Fan as well, and I hope to see more of his lessons on TG in the future.

In the meantime.. Please keep yours comin!

sbutler

Wed May 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Kevin, I'm with the rest of the gang. Ain't gettin tired of Croce, don't get tired of playing them.

Wonderful

Scott

Lavallee

Thu May 26, 2011 7:05 am

Hi Kevin, another beautifully played song. After a few chords you can recognize right away the Croce's sound. Always a treat to hear you play

Marc

Craig

Thu May 26, 2011 9:15 am

Kevin,
Great job! Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed it. Your fingerpicking is wonderful and I'm a big Croce fan.
Craig

dekotaj

Thu May 26, 2011 11:31 am

Chris,
Thank you.Its nice to hear folks like the songs I do.

MJ,
Maybe we can talk Neil in to doing a lesson for Ages.Then we both could learn it.Thanks for watching

Bill,
Thank you Sir.How you doing on your song.Man that's a tough one.Good luck with it.

Hey Tony,
Thanks for taking time to watch.Wishing you the very best.Look forward to seeing your next post.

What up D,
Thank for the kind words.And like always cant wait for your next post.Hope you got one in the mixer.

Daryl,
Thank you sir.Did I read some were you got some more songs coming our way with J Hall.Sure hope so love you guys tunes.

Thanks Pete,
Ya,got that's same thing going on with me.So many great tunes in the 70s.Hard to choose what ones to try and learn.

Willem,
Thank you my friend.I have posted some other music other than J.C..I've done a few Gordon Lightfoot tunes,A couple of Beatles,Dan Fogelberg.Ralph Mctell.

Brother Mark,
Thank you sir.And Thank you for all the great songs you have done.Really enjoy your playing.

Hey Ken,
Hows things doing for you.Good I hope.Thank you for your kind words.

rdaltry
Thank you.Al is right its a Martin.DC Aura.Glad you like her.I fell in love with her when we first met.Sound like a song title.

Hey Al.
Me thinks right.And thank you for watching.What a great thing you got going with your get together.Looked like a super good time.Thanks for the show.Your friend!

Going on Scott,
Thank you sir for the nice words.I just love the mans music.The more of hes song I learn The happier I'll be.

Marc,
Hows it going sir.Thank you.I to enjoy watching your post.Did you have a good time with all those T.G.ers.Sure look like a good time.

Craig.
Thank you sir.Maybe with all of us Croce fans.Neil can get to some of those lessons.I can only imagine what he could do with a couple of Jim's songs.What would really be great is if would show both parts of some of his song.

Thanks everyone.Hey MJ This is Kevin not Jay.But sure wish I could play like that man.And i think the Next Croce tune I learn will be ( Don't Have To Be That Way)If it not to hard to get.Here is a couple of guys on the tube playing this song.

Music Junkie

Thu May 26, 2011 11:45 am

dekotaj wrote:
MJ,
1. Maybe we can talk Neil in to doing a lesson for Ages.Then we both could learn it.Thanks for watching

2. Hey MJ This is Kevin not Jay.But sure wish I could play like that man.And i think the Next Croce tune I learn will be ( Don't Have To Be That Way)If it not to hard to get.Here is a couple of guys on the tube playing this song.

1. I have it listed in the recommend a song section, so maybe someday..... B)

2.Yeah, meant to go back and edit that as soon as I posted it, but got sidetracked. Certainly isn't the first goof, nor will it be that last I'm sure..... ;)

Cool link, those guys play pretty well.

MJ

cosmicmechanic

Thu May 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Kevin,

Of course I appreciated your precise playing. Funny but at the start, the "da dee daas" had me thinking: "Hey, he could really manage adding the actual words for the vocals".

Then all of a sudden you did :) So I leaned back and took it in, the song feels complete that way. I think this is the first time I've heard you sing, is it really a first here ? You did great, has real character. Especially coordinating vocals, fingerpicking and also the thumbpick, wow.

Glad you put this up,
Pierre

buddy

Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Kevin, Great playing of a great song. Nice to hear you singing as well. Your picking was clear as a bell on this song.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic