jimcjimc Invades Hawaii and shreds on a borrowed Epiphone!

AndyT

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 am

I had a great day today. Spent part of it walking the dog with my wife for an ice cream this morning and shook the roof off for Jamz.

JimC (jimcjimc) joined us for our Thursday Jamz, as he is here on vacation. I'm sure he'll share his thoughts on the visit, but I had a great time. My friend Joey was there tonight and he does most of our singing. Whenever he's here, I just relax and let it fall where it may. When we play planned events, we have a set arrangement to keep us all together and minimize mistakes, but tonight we just went free-form. Jim was right there jammin with us. It was really great to meet another TG'er.

Sorry... My wife knocked me on the head for not taking any pics or vids of the jamz. I hope you all will forgive me for that. I was so enjoying the fun that I totally forgot about it.

I'm really glad Jim was able to come and jam. He's a really nice guy and we had fun playing with him. Next time you come visit, let me know Jim and we can have another jam session.

tovo

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 am

That's great Andy, glad you had a good time visiting with Jim. I always like to hear stories of TG members meeting up, it's such a cool, added benefit of the site. I expect to be able to tell of a few meetings of my own rather soon. Pity there is no video of your meeting but you are forgiven as requested!

jimcjimc

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:49 am

Andy,
Thanks again for inviting me to play with your friends and for arranging the available Epiphone. It's a great sounding guitar.
You have a great group of players and singers and a good songbook. I think I had only played a few of the songs, but I was familiar with most of them and it wasn't too hard to follow along. I hadn't played a guitar in over a week and had spent a lot of time recently snorkeling on the North Shore, so my fingers were pretty sore after two hours.

Being on vacation, you would think I would have a camera with me, but my wife does all of the picture taking and I forgot to bring her camera along. Next time.

Anyway, it was fun to meet and play with one of the great personalities from TG, and it will be one of the highlights of my trip.

Thanks again,
Jim

RicksPick

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Cool glad to see others meeting up
Even if theres no video
When i met with Marc it was a special moment
So know how you guys had a good time,Congratz

RicksPick

AndyT

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Anytime anyone is coming to Hawaii, give me a shout and we'll get together and have some good times with guitars.

sbutler

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:26 pm

AndyT wrote:
Anytime anyone is coming to Hawaii, give me a shout and we'll get together and have some good times with guitars.
Your on dude. Alaska Airlines has a flight from Anchorage to Honolulu, and I am authorized to ride in the cockpit if all the seats are taken. All I needed was to know somebody there, and now I do.

Scott

AndyT

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Since I work on Hickam AFB, I pass the airport often and I see Nanook parked on the ramp from time to time. I'll get the Epi tuned up for you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic