Joan Beaz Diamonds and rust (INTRO)

dekotaj

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:15 pm

I started this song when I first started to finger style.While working on the intro,I move on to some other songs.Never to get back to it.This was before I found you folks and TG.And I was pulling tons of tab off the web thinking they may shut them all down someday.Of course I can't find the tab in the heap of tab I got stashed around the house.So My question is how much tab dose everyone got hanging around????

Kevin

Joan Beaz Diamonds and rust

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Nice links Kevin. As for tabs I've got heaps of them hard copy, digital, TEFL, GPro and Power tab, plus numerous pdf's way too many to count. Like you I started searching and downloading my favourite bands tabs when the sites started disappearing. Some of them are first class others are absolute crap and I should delete them, that's for the roundtoit day.

millponddave

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:10 pm

I have a few TAB around. I fortunately found TG soon after I started to get serious about learning. I sometimes print out the lesson notes, but usually just watch Neil and try to pick it up that way. I seem to learn better by watching than reading. By the way, nice job of fingerpicking.

Dave

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Kevin, I've got a couple of regular-sized binders filled to the brim with tab from the pre-TG period.

I pretty much ignore them now, lots of crappy versions there ... how can I tell what's good before wasting time trying them out ? Of course the songs with only 3 chords are the exception ... no big waste trying those.

You deserve high praise for that intro, and Joan Baez should get a lot more recognition also, and her vocals ...

I've mentioned before that I think that TG member Michele seems a natural for covering Baez vocals ... and hey Kevin, you've got a good handle on playing this song already, and ... oh, I'll try not to be too pushy ...

Nice !
Pierre

dekotaj

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Hey guys,

Hear ya.Lots of crap out there.Chas I don't have all the stuff you do.But enough paper tab to have paid for all my TG cost.Well TG is such a damn good deal maybe 5 years worth!!

Dave,Got ya brother,when I first started I had to watch,the only way I could learn.But the problem I had was watching upstairs and playing down stairs.I did miss a lot, sounded good to me till Neil started to let me no the things I was missing.To many notes here not enough here.So let me say,what ever works for you is great.But put them up and let Neil look at them.Nothing SUCK more than thinking you have them, then going back over it.Man dose that suck.

Pierre,

Real long story how I got hooked up with Joan Beaz.I had a Juice Newton album and she had a Joan Beaz album.After that the story get long.But I was taking back by the beauty of it all.The album and the girl.

And yes she would do a great Joan cover(Michelle)Love everything she has done so far.

BigBear

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:27 am

Kevin- That's terrific! I know and play the rest of the song but I've never taken time to figure out the intro. You did it beautifully! Now if we could just sing like Joan....LOL!

Maybe Neil could help us out with the tab someday unless you have it handy?

Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:58 am

JOan Baez you gotta love her voice , magnificent, but hey guys an activist all her life, it looks as if she went against whatever came along except Obama seems she has a thing for him. But a true activist hmmm take a look at the last verse of Diamonds And Rust.... In my opinion an activist would have gone for rust ... Let the fun begin..

back to you again Kevin, your cover of the intro was brilliant mate, hope this doesn't hijack your thread but as much as I like Joan Baez voice she is a real messed up person with her activism sometimes very right and sometimes welllll

willem

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 am

Hi Kevin,nice song from JOan and listen to her and the music i think you did well on the intro,,i must say tHat i not alway's like the voice from JOan but on this one i got a bit of chickenskin,beautiful..

well for the tab i printed very much(6 binders) and play them all..lol

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:42 am

Great intro Kev! You do your usual excellent job on it and it is a very nice intro by any standard.

Funny how we react to performers. You will never see me move faster than when Joan is on the radio singing How Many Roads... up and off!! Can't bare her voice on quite a number of songs. But this one is pretty good (except where she's trying to fit in too many words all at once - that never works for anyone!).

@Chas: Activists can seem like a pain in the ass grabbing our attention about something we don't want to know about... until we find out they are right and it really matters! My personal feeling is that we need activists more than ever before in today's world. There could well be a resurgence of protest songs. Watch this space! (But I don't want to get into politics on Kev's thread or anywhere else on TG!)

abiliog

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:53 am

Kev,
Great intro on such a beautiful song.
You made my day, just can't stop to listen this song this morning :)
Abilio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic