Joan Beaz Diamonds and rust (INTRO)

michelew

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:53 am

Kevin that is beautiful and it sounds just like the intro in Joan's performance. Very soulful.

michelew

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:00 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
I've mentioned before that I think that TG member Michele seems a natural for covering Baez vocals ... and hey Kevin, you've got a good handle on playing this song already, and ... oh, I'll try not to be too pushy ...

Nice !
Pierre
Pierre, You must be a masochist. Or there is another TG Michele that can actually sing, rather than scare the dogs in the neighbourhood. I'm flattered that you think I'm anything like Joan, who has a gorgeous voice.

I'm beginning to think that Vanessa has someone in high places looking out for her. I'm wondering whether this is payback, karma. Perhaps it serves me right for supporting Cori's campaign for Nessa to perform a TC number. Oh and there is that other campaign that Suzi and I started that I won't mention.

So Cori watch it. You'll be next.

Well perhaps I'll go and listen to some Joan. Diamonds and Rust certainly is a moving song. Never say never.

Now back to heaping praise on our man Kevin.

M.

dekotaj

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:20 am

Big Bear Man,

No.Got no tab.But if you post yours,Maybe I could steal it by watching???

Chas.

Hijack away brother.Yes Love the vocals.As far as activist,Hell everyone has a point of view.And if they put it in a song,OK,(like Joe Hill)
I just don't want to hear about it from the stage at some concert.

Willem

Yep I get that.Not a fan of everything she dose.But the ones I like I really Like.Like Sweet Sir Galahad.Love the guitar in this song.

Chris,

Yes Sir everyone has there own taste.With all the great music out there, seem to be something for everyone.And as far as politics?Like the old saying(everyone has one).

Abilio

Thank you.And hope the rest of your day slows down some.

Michelle

Thank you.And watch out for that karma stuff,it can snick up on ya.

Kevin

dennisg

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 pm

I love Joan Baez, and I think you did a perfect job on this intro, Kevin. It's as solid as the one on her recording.

I've always thought Michele could do a great job on Joe Hill. Here's Joan's version:

beaker

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Kevin, Nice one! That song is amazing. I haver plans to learn it as well. Your rendition is excellent. Beaker.

I like the version on You Tube that Joan Baez plays at a Bob Dylan concert..... sometime about 75'.

Oh well,,,, here is a link.

dekotaj

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:50 am

Hey D,
Joe Hill is a good one.Thanks sir.

Beaker.Thank you.1975 not a bad year.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic