Intro Dan Fogelberg(Longer)

jayswett

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:51 am

Hi Kevin!

Well I was certainly inspired by you playing this and it's such a lovely one! To me indeed one of those songs, like Vincent or If you could read my mind, that always really appealed to me whenever I heard it on the radio.

However, it certainly wasn't a sacrifice to take you up on your request 'a something to shoot for-video'! :P

I'm not there yet as in memorizing the lyrics and playing everything by heart. I also had played a lot yesterday, so really sore fingers, for that I changed to the classical guitar. I do prefer the steelstring though, but...my fingertips just resisted. However, this is a little tryout video, but i still hope that you'll like it enough!

So this one is definitely for you Kevin, mr. Brrrrravo! :P ;) :kiss:

Ness

daryl

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 am

The nylon strings worked perfectly for this song! Beautiful! Another 10.

dekotaj

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:13 am

WELL,WELL,WELL.Miss Vanessa.That was absolutely fantastic!!!And like Daryl,The nylon was a very nice touch.So let me Thank You for the great video to start my morning.But most of all,Thank you for showing me a different way to play some of those chords.Just played them after watching you play.The move back to first position before the hammer on,So much easier now.THANK YOU!!!And Ness,BRAVO Girl!!!BRAVO!!!

Kevin

willem

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:19 am

Well Nessie,,i listen two times allready,,i think this song is just beautiful for a nylon guitar,,i really got by the first notes allreade some ''kippevel'',,i really liked the soft singin and here and then some vibrato ,,well now i have to go and watch the lesson,,such an beautiful song and maybe i just want to hear it from you...oh ,,save your fingertips a bit nylon is just fine for a while.. B)

Yamaha48

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Hello my best girl friend.
Sorry for the late reaction,but this is a lovely song.
Then i see how simple you handel de strings,perfect.
And i love your singing.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

cheers............Anton from the Dutchies hahaha lol.

dsmarion

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Daryl: :cheer: :cheer: So happy to hear that Daryl! Also very glad you liked the nylon strings on this one, thank you!!

Kevin: Hey my friend, you got me smiling, smiling and smiling and more over here! :) :cheer: :woohoo: :blush: And also very pleased to hear that it was helpful as well! Thank you for inspiring me on this one Kev', it was really nice being occupied with it, since it's such a gorgeous song! Also because the last couple of days were (and still) are really really grey and rainy over here :( :S and this one lifted me up a bit. Anyway, thanks a lot for the BRAVO Kevin, great to hear that it was a nice start of your day! :P

Willem: Heeeey Willem! Thank you for chiming in on this one and 'kippevel', gosh that's always really more than a great compliment! :cheer: Am very happy you've enjoyed it! Unfortunately it isn't a lesson here at TG, so had to dig up the tabs elsewhere. And indeed, a bit nylon is also just fine ;), thanks again Willem!

Anton: Hey my dutchies-friend! :P How sweet of you to drop by, and really you're not late at all, it wasn't here that long. Am of course delighted to hear that you liked the playing and singing! It's indeed a lovely song, one that I've always liked very much. It's nice to have it in my closet now. Thank you very much Anton!

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Ness

michelew

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Nessa,

This is just SO gorgeous and it just gets better on the relistening and rewatching. I really LOVE it.

I know I say that about all of your videos. Well what can I say they're all SO great.

Anyway, what do I love about this one in particular? Let's see, I LOVE:

- the way you've captured the soul if this song; it's a gorgeous song and you really convey a feeling of love, warmth and joy - I suspect you left the window to your soul open again and we're just seeing who you are;

- your singing - so sweet and understated, it sets off the playing beautifully and is such a joy to listen to;

- the crisp, clean, metronome steady fingerpicking and the way you balance the dynamics of all of the music threads perfectly so they work in perfect harmony;

- the way your hands move, you have a real grace about you and efficiency that adds to the beauty of the video, it's calm and perfect and you make it look easy, which I'm sure it isn't;

- the way you connect with your audience, you aren't just playing and hoping it will come out oK enough to be able to post it like many of us, you always perform it (Handsome are Romeo are very lucky that they get to see you perform every day); you connect with the song and then the audience, you bring us all into your lounge room. I love taking up the invitation;

- your expressions, the smiles, the 'oh no I still don't know that line', :)

I'm sure I'm missing lots of things that I'll think of later. Bottom line - I LOVE this vido, it's SO gorgeous.

Thank you. I'll be singing it all day. It should help to take the edge off my work stress (which is enormous at the moment). This is great medicine.

Kevin - thanks for inspiring Nessa to learn it. It sure madde my morning.

Gorgeous.

Shel

sbutler

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:51 pm

And sorry to say that I got on this one late. But dang, you guys did good. REAL good.

I guess I need me one of them dogs chewing on a bone next to me. Yeah, maybe that would make my playing sound better.

Scott

dsmarion

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Ness,

That was really great to listen to - I loved it! As you know I am not particularly a DF fan but this song is different and I do love this one. You do it plenty of justice with your version too. Great work!

It looks to me that you can "sight read" tab (and/or music) - is that true? It looked like you were doing that during the solo part (or maybe you were just watching the dog gnaw away LOL). I struggle with reading tab and playing. I can use tab to learn - but cannot sight read at all, I need to memorize it.

I also really like how quiet and in control your right hand remains throughout - I am struggling to get that smoothness with my limited time learning to fingerpick to this point, still at the crawling stage. I do see some improvement but you make it look so easy. I am so jealous LOL

And the classical sounds really great, nice choice (nice to have choices, I have none at the moment but sure wish I did).

All around great work - I am interested to know how long you took to learn this piece. And can I do that if I multiply it by a gazillion LOL

Scott

suziko

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Wow, Nessa, Bravo yourself!! That was truly beautiful! Loved your playing, really loved your singing and especially loved all your cute expressions! You brought out all the beauty of a very delicate song. Just perfect!! This was never my favorite song, but hearing you play it makes me like it a whole lot more.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic